Body Bag Games

NT93

10 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

2001- OU: 37 UNT:10

2002- Texas: 27 UNT:0

2003- OU: 37 UNT:3

2004- Texas: 65 UNT:0

Out scored 166-10 in 4 games. I think we have different definitions of fun...

Oh my friend, we sure do have different definitions of fun

2022 smu 48-10 

unlv  58-27

2021 smu 35-12

uab 40-6

2020 smu 65-35

app state 56-28

and that list goes on and on and on.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

2001- OU: 37 UNT:10

2002- Texas: 27 UNT:0

2003- OU: 37 UNT:3

2004- Texas: 65 UNT:0

Out scored 166-10 in 4 games. I think we have different definitions of fun...

First, give credit to Wren for putting us in a situation financially where we do not have to play "body bag" games.  That being said, a lot of people complained when we played them. I would like to see this each year (assuming 4 OOC)

• One game versus FCS (should be at least Southland/WAC level)
  • One versus game P5 that will schedule a home and home (no reason we should not be able to get Mid/Lower P5's here who like to recruit this area - that is how several schools got big names to their stadiums this year)
  • Two games verses G5 (at least one regional)

Keep in mind many schools are playing Body Bag games to pay for sports other than Football

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

WTF is this thread? For years this forum complained about body bag games and how they made it hard to start the season on the right foot. But now that we finally have an AD that is able to put together OOC schedules that are winnable we want to go back to getting curb stomped? I give up…

I was under the impression we’d win some of those OCC games, not lose just as bad as we did in the body bag games.

If we did play body bag games, I’d limit it to one per year.  That 1.5 million we could have gotten from OU could have been used to buy out a certain coach😉😁

That being said, I did say that my post was mostly tongue in cheek.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, untphd said:

Oh my friend, we sure do have different definitions of fun

2022 smu 48-10 

unlv  58-27

2021 smu 35-12

uab 40-6

2020 smu 65-35

app state 56-28

and that list goes on and on and on.

Yes, we’ve sucked the last few years. I didn’t claim those games were fun. 

You’re the one who said Booger and Jamario tore it up vs OU and Texas and how fun it was. I’m just pointing out those games were far from competitive and not fun. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Yes, we’ve sucked the last few years. I didn’t claim those games were fun. 

You’re the one who said Booger and Jamario tore it up vs OU and Texas and how fun it was. I’m just pointing out those games were far from competitive and not fun. 

Somebody else said ou and tu. I was talking about how we used to go to the games and watch those players. Remember getting Booger towels at the game and watching Jamario run. Two of best to watch players among a bunch of others. and now we are getting our towels handed to us by non- rated teams. Those games were fun and the crowd got into them. 

16 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You realize that cupcakes for us ARE the in conference games. We just end up with all middle schools on our schedule with ZERO regional or national appeal. I mean, sure, I like UNLV on our schedule, we should win in my dream world. However trading out Texas Southern for a 1.5M check and a weekend trip to Austin and getting to see UNT on Sports Center is just better for me... Just a personal preference. 

16 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You realize that cupcakes for us ARE the in conference games. We just end up with all middle schools on our schedule with ZERO regional or national appeal. I mean, sure, I like UNLV on our schedule, we should win in my dream world. However trading out Texas Southern for a 1.5M check and a weekend trip to Austin and getting to see UNT on Sports Center is just better for me... Just a personal preference. 

Do you realize that North Texas is the OOC cupcake?

17 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Absolutely wild you’d rather us get drilled by Texas than host an FCS school. I guess you’re a glutton for punishment.  God forbid Wren Baker puts together a schedule that gives us the best chance at winning.

And UNT games are pretty damn cheap in the CFB market. 

sure how's that working out with our 2 million dollar HC, he has shit the bed at every opportunity and with an easier OOC schedule than previous much lower paid coaches and a conference schedule that rivals the DD early Sun Belt days in difficulty. 

• Upvote 1