meangreenbob

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

While Littrell has become a multi millionaire running our beloved football program into the ground for the last 6 years, App St. entertained a home crowd of 34,406 to a thrilling last second come from behind victory over Troy. 

23,806 fans per home game during a 13-1 season in 2019

austin-powers.gif
Plus having nationally televised Gameday broadcast from your campus doesn’t hurt, especially when you are 2 hours from the nearest airport.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

While Littrell has become a multi millionaire running our beloved football program into the ground for the last 6 years, App St. entertained a home crowd of 34,406 to a thrilling last second come from behind victory over Troy. 

It can be done!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Our program is in better shape than when Littrell took over. 

Thank you. Current team has the talent to get to 7-9 wins. When Seth got here, I thought it would be a couple years before we even cracked a .500 season.. that team was awful, other than a few outliers like Jeff Wilson. 

so the furthest thing from “running the program into the ground”. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

37 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Thank you. Current team has the talent to get to 7-9 wins. When Seth got here, I thought it would be a couple years before we even cracked a .500 season.. that team was awful, other than a few outliers like Jeff Wilson. 

so the furthest thing from “running the program into the ground”. 

Ok, maybe a bit harsh. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

This.

Our program disappoints people today because we get crushed by SMU and lose at UNLV by a lot. Back then, in 2015, we won a game because UTSA was down to their 6th string QB and we scored a late TD at home to get a miraculous victory, which also happened to be our only one. We suffered the worst loss in modern college football history, 66-7 by FCS Portland State on Homecoming, leading to the coach being fired as he ran off the field. We were legitimately the worst FBS program in the country.

Today, we aren't even close to being good. We suck again...but the day SL took over here, we were sucking hard from the bottom of a full sewer.

Sitting at the game Saturday, I at first thought we had a chance at winning. The six people that I brought with me also thought the game could be won. Slowly but surely that game changed right in front of our eyes. By the end of the game we were quite embarrassed. Walking up the stadium stairs and out of the stadium, was like walking the walk of shame. For those of you who were at the game you know how we felt. For those of you who were not at the game , I hope you never have to feel that way. UNT needs to make a change and make it sooner than later. Schools that want a exciting game atmosphere make changes that create this. Schools that don't, well we know how that works.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

23,806 fans per home game during a 13-1 season in 2019

Plus having nationally televised Gameday broadcast from your campus doesn’t hurt, especially when you are 2 hours from the nearest airport.

Yeah the atmosphere seems unbeatable, but Boone is an entirely different place than Denton. You jump in any natural body of water around Apogee after a win and you're liable to get a staph infection.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

No doubt.   And that is thanks to Seth Littrell for sure.   
But just like that awesome upgraded refrigerator you bought back in 2010, the one with the french doors & the water line in the door...  you know you could never go back to the old white, 15cuft, top/bottom fridge ever again...  now, the ice maker isn't working, and it's starting to smell & make noises.   If you don't pull the plug soon, it's going to burn your whole house down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No doubt.   And that is thanks to Seth Littrell for sure.   
But just like that awesome upgraded refrigerator you bought back in 2010, the one with the french doors & the water line in the door...  you know you could never go back to the old white, 15cuft, top/bottom fridge ever again...  now, the ice maker isn't working, and it's starting to smell & make noises.   If you don't pull the plug soon, it's going to burn your whole house down.

Also well said

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untphd said:

Sitting at the game Saturday, I at first thought we had a chance at winning. The six people that I brought with me also thought the game could be won. Slowly but surely that game changed right in front of our eyes. By the end of the game we were quite embarrassed. Walking up the stadium stairs and out of the stadium, was like walking the walk of shame. For those of you who were at the game you know how we felt. For those of you who were not at the game , I hope you never have to feel that way. UNT needs to make a change and make it sooner than later. Schools that want a exciting game atmosphere make changes that create this. Schools that don't, well we know how that works.

For North Texas it’s the same ole pattern year after year after year. 

Nothing changes but the size of the bank accounts of those responsible for creating this mess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

For North Texas it’s the same ole pattern year after year after year. 

Nothing changes but the size of the bank accounts of those responsible for creating this mess. 

I know that has been the case in the past but I am hoping this time will be different.  Sort of like our “Mean Green Messiah” will part Lake Lewisville and whatnot.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

With all the distractions going on, we are 4 wins toward being bowl eligible and 1-0 in conference play.  I’m not happy with our on-field product but the season is far from lost. 

GO MEAN GREEN

Jesus Joe what does it take for you?  Appreciate your belief in Littrell but goodness you have the patience of Job!  Hope your wife appreciates being married to the North Texas version of Ghandi!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This.

Our program disappoints people today because we get crushed by SMU and lose at UNLV by a lot. Back then, in 2015, we won a game because UTSA was down to their 6th string QB and we scored a late TD at home to get a miraculous victory, which also happened to be our only one. We suffered the worst loss in modern college football history, 66-7 by FCS Portland State on Homecoming, leading to the coach being fired as he ran off the field. We were legitimately the worst FBS program in the country.

Today, we aren't even close to being good. We suck again...but the day SL took over here, we were sucking hard from the bottom of a full sewer.

Keep beating that horse. I honestly don't care, BUT this has to be the 1,000th time you've said this, verbatim. Maybe more. 

And we're not in better shape btw. PSU was a scrappy little FCS squad and our team gave up well before kickoff, maybe days before. We are still getting gorilla punched in 2022 like we were in 2015, without the complete evidence of absolute quit. We are truly that bad right now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Keep beating that horse. I honestly don't care, BUT this has to be the 1,000th time you've said this, verbatim. Maybe more. 

And we're not in better shape btw. PSU was a scrappy little FCS squad and our team gave up well before kickoff, maybe days before. We are still getting gorilla punched in 2022 like we were in 2015, without the complete evidence of absolute quit. We are truly that bad right now. 

We are definitely not in better shape. We just got creamed by a team that won 2 games last year. Yea, 2 and 10. They new how to get transfer players not just d2 and fcs transfers. Sure we have other players, but come on lets have a coach that not only understands how this works, but is good/great at it. Let's stop doing the "Walk of Shame" after the games. Lets start walking around proud and build this into something.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Yep.  Our program was in much better shape after Rick V’s tenure ended than when RV took it over too.  I liken it to shifting gears in a car.  Nothing wrong with 2nd gear, but at some point you can’t go any faster until you shift to 3rd. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 5