From The Biggest Seth Homer SInce Day 1: It's Time For Change

TheReal_jayD

The one thing that kept me excited for Seth is his improvement with recruiting, except for this year.

There is high school recruited talent on this roster. Everybody else has transfer talent that has experience and been highly rated in some cases. Phil's drive and philosophy has not changed, the talent level has.

I have bitched about the weight room (5,000 sq ft for all sports) and the rehab area for many years. This area needs to be addressed now and not be waiting on the master plan. Put money into this area and the NIL. " Help me develop and pay me" is the future of college football.

We are a force and talent in every sport except football. I feel confident that Wren will hire a coach with head coaching experience, at what level will be determine by the pay and what improvements are we going to make.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Hold on now, we owe Seth the respect he’s due. We had some fun, won some games, increased our talent and made a bunch of bowl games.  We still aren’t winning them and haven’t had a significant win in a long time but don’t ignore his impact.   It’s over and I’m done but I appreciate the advancement - and we have indeed advanced.  

Advanced??

He’ll be lucky to win 4 games in the worst conference in the country. This team will be lucky to win 2 games next season even with a new coach. 

We’ve regressed back to Todd Dodge territory. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

45 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

The one thing that kept me excited for Seth is his improvement with recruiting, except for this year.

There is high school recruited talent on this roster. Everybody else has transfer talent that has experience and been highly rated in some cases. Phil's drive and philosophy has not changed, the talent level has.

I have bitched about the weight room (5,000 sq ft for all sports) and the rehab area for many years. This area needs to be addressed now and not be waiting on the master plan. Put money into this area and the NIL. " Help me develop and pay me" is the future of college football.

We are a force and talent in every sport except football. I feel confident that Wren will hire a coach with head coaching experience, at what level will be determine by the pay and what improvements are we going to make.

You say Seth has been recruiting talent except one year?  Where exactly is it?  Is he redshirting everyone so we can get drive by weak teams like UNLV?  Please explain.  Because I don’t think Seth can recruit worth a damn.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Hold on now, we owe Seth the respect he’s due. We had some fun, won some games, increased our talent and made a bunch of bowl games.  We still aren’t winning them and haven’t had a significant win in a long time but don’t ignore his impact.   It’s over and I’m done but I appreciate the advancement - and we have indeed advanced.  

I can buy into that because Seth has never said a mean word about North Texas but on the other hand I will not allow us to whitewash over all of his blunders and I’ll advised decisions and hirings.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Outside of the 2015 football season, we are currently, as it sits today, in no better shape than we were before SL arrived on campus. I only state this due to your bending over backwards post to smear lipstick all over this pig. SL is a bad football coach. There is no other way to state the obvious. 

Agree to disagree. This roster is talented and deep. The problem is we are young across the board. And well above average in a couple key positions. QB and CB ring a bell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I can buy into that because Seth has never said a mean word about North Texas but on the other hand I will not allow us to whitewash over all of his blunders and I’ll advised decisions and hirings.

Gagreed, just saying there are some respects to be paid despite the need to move on 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

most of the best HS recruits aren't on this roster anymore. 

• Upvote 1

The roster has more consistent depth than before he arrived. He and the staff have failed at the portal — huge. JuCo as well— fail. 

Alec Morris— Alabama; Austin Aune— TCU (committ), NY Yankees, Arkansas; Jace Ruder— UNC; Armani Gillmore— Kentucky; JD Head— La Tech; Earle— Tarlton.  He has gone to the portal for P5’s predominately at the Qb position but has swung and missed. He also prefers big athletes at the position over pure passers. Miss again.

Replacing staff was another problem— OC, DC, and Qb coach. He ran off some others than we’re good to great recruiters. 

Would love to see the move after Memphis— Start on the process and name the new person the day after the season ends. Trying to salvage the December recruiting period. Also, would allow the team to refocus against a weak CUSA schedule either building momentum (and not allowing it to be credited to Mumbles) or complete train wreck and we can blame it on a Mumbles hangover.

If Wren finds and names them, then they can build an AAC staff, hopefully retain our best players, and recruit. 

Edited by UNT Family Man
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Outside of the 2015 football season, we are currently, as it sits today, in no better shape than we were before SL arrived on campus. I only state this due to your bending over backwards post to smear lipstick all over this pig. SL is a bad football coach. There is no other way to state the obvious. 

I think it is time for him to go also but I don’t agree at all that we are as bad off as we were in 2015. No chance.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Are you paying attention? UNLV had mercy on us. UTSA won’t. Expect a 72-7 drubbing.

I am.  I want a new coach.  Don’t revisionist history though.  The man achieved some shit.  If you can’t acknowledge that at the same time as wanting change then I don’t get you. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I spent like $600 for an RV pass and invited people from out of state to watch us get laughed off the field by Marshall. What have you done other than simp?

Hahaha I can only assume that’s directed to me.  I’m not mad at you, I know it’s frustrating times.  If you’re wanting to measure, I’ve done more than that and using the word “simp” is a real simp thing to do.  Congrats on your $600.  We want the same thing and I want to party with you someday about our success. I get you’re mad, me too.  Seth did some stuff though and ignoring that isn’t right so I’ll die on that hill I guess. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

18 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I’ve been around this program (and even part of it) for a long time and you are simply relying on recency bias.

When UTSA drubs us by 60 what will you say then?

I will say they are a good FBS team that nearly beat Texas. I won’t be saying that we experienced the worst FBS loss to a FCS team in the history of college football on homecoming in a game we paid them for.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I think it is time for him to go also but I don’t agree at all that we are as bad off as we were in 2015. No chance.

UNLV is to the MWC what FIU is to CUSA and they boatraced us out of town. If they wanted, 70 could've been on that scoreboard. For crying out loud, UNLV went 2-10 last year. We. Are. Awful. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1