Seth Littrell Buyout

MeanGreen2019

If I read this correctly, it seems Seth’s buyout would be around 900,000 if he is fired at the end of the year. 

I hope we can afford it when the time comes. Another article says that the buyout would be just under a $1 million

https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/football/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/08/Seth-Littrell-Employment-Agreement-with-Amendments-and-Extensions-00345016xC146B.pdf

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/college-football-hot-seat-coaches-replacements/

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

The school has 42k students -  they could have paid him off last year or even the before.  Didn’t want to and there are other places they could spend the money but they could have bought out Littrell for several years.

What does the number of students have to do with a buyout?

They already pay for the majority of the program, and you want them to take up a collection for a buyout.

I highly doubt Littrell is going to be terminated in season, there is just not a lot of upside to that.  He would probably have been gone at the end of last season but the late win streak saved him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What does the number of students have to do with a buyout?

They already pay for the majority of the program, and you want them to take up a collection for a buyout.

I highly doubt Littrell is going to be terminated in season, there is just not a lot of upside to that.  He would probably have been gone at the end of last season but the late win streak saved him. 

Are you saying that $1M is too expensive for us to pay in light of losing half our kids to the portal and not signing any 3* kids?  How long of a rebuild would that be?

• Upvote 3

whats the alternative?  I want to know that Wern will bring in a legitimate coach, someone who will have this team fighting for a conference championship, and can convince high level recruits to come to UNT.  I do not want another "prove it" coach I want to see them bring in someone who has established himself in this profession. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Are you saying that $1M is too expensive for us to pay in light of losing half our kids to the portal and not signing any 3* kids?  How long of a rebuild would that be?

No, I did not state that and have no idea how you came up with that notion.  

This will be Littrell's last year unless he wins big in conference play. 

• Upvote 1

Need to fire this clown for cause. 

Cause: he sucks at his job. 

Side note: How difficult would it be for athletic directors and and departments across the country to start making these asshats at will employees. I bet real hunger picks back up, energy, emotion, etc. Ed Oregeron was sitting in on an interview with some 2nd rate interviewer a weem ago or so and they were making fun of the contractual realties of CFB and how he was pleased to go and take his money bag on the way out. 

• Upvote 1