UNT QB Love???

Hookset

24 minutes ago, Hookset said:

I honestly don’t understand Littrell’s desire to keep playing Aune.

I read after spring ball Aune made a huge jump. Then I read during summer training how his accuracy improved. Then I watch the games and wonder when it will show up in an actual game???

Other teams QB’s we have played against haven’t completed every pass. But when they do it usually is in stride and chest high. I am tired of watching our receivers slow down for a ball that they do catch. Or watching the ball skip at their feet or sail over their heads. 
Aune is great at handing off to our good running backs. Any of the other QB’s should be able to do that. We need someone that can throw accurately as well. 

Did you see the time he hit our receiver in the hands when the receiver wasn’t even looking?

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Did you see the time he hit our receiver in the hands when the receiver wasn’t even looking?

Yes I did.  But that doesn’t wipe away of a CAREER of throwing 55% completions.  And in this great game he had, he completed an awe inspiring 58.6% in a blowout loss.  🙄.  He just isn’t accurate or he has one of the worse OC in the country and/or receivers who can’t run routes correctly.  Also he is adept (or they aren’t calling) read option plays.   It appears he never takes the edge when they start crashing consistently.  🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Aune played pretty well today. The problem was we had terrible play calling in key situations and the defense couldn’t stop the run

I’m not generally an Aune supporter 

Agree he stinks but was better today. The real culprit is Bennett - Jesus man our defense is bad and the game plan is worse!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Gunnell is terrible!  Aune is the best we got and that’s bad.

You guys see a small sample of any quarterback and try to make this determination. Get a clue. Not saying he could do well but sitting there trying to be some type of armchair expert when you don't see a body of work is one of the reason people make fun of posters on fan boards