If Bobby Petrino's Missouri State Bearcats beat Arkansas tonight, would you forgive him?

eulessismore

He's a great coach. I understand why Arkansas had to move on - on top of the power dynamics at play in regards to sleeping with one of your employees, he lied to Arkansas brass about what was happening. If you or I lie to our boss, we're probably getting fired too. 

But yes, I would certainly hire him here. 

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone hire this scumbag?  How he just left the falcons with 3 games left in the season to go to Arkansas, went to Louisville and all he had was Lamar who got manhandled in Houston on a Thursday night(I witnessed it in person).  We need a coach who can get kids to come to Denton, compete and doesn’t have some past scandal.  We’re better than that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

10 hours ago, BBA1989 said:

Why would anyone hire this scumbag?  How he just left the falcons with 3 games left in the season to go to Arkansas, went to Louisville and all he had was Lamar who got manhandled in Houston on a Thursday night(I witnessed it in person).  We need a coach who can get kids to come to Denton, compete and doesn’t have some past scandal.  We’re better than that.  

So a bullfrog wanted to cross a pond but was tired . A cottonmouth slithered up beside him and said " I am going that way, hop on my back". The bullfrog replied, " you are a poisonous shake and will bite me". The cottonmouth assured the bullfrog that he wouldn't so the bullfrog hopped on his back.Sure enough midway across the pond the cottonmouth bit the bullfrog. As he floated on his back dying the bullfrog said. "but you promised." The cottonmouth replied," yes, but you new I was a snake when you got on my back."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, drex said:

Missouri State University BEARS, NOT BEARCATS...Just to be accurate.

Thank you for the correction; I should have researched that before posting the topic. At least looking it up on the Internet did make me realize that there actually is such an animal (more properly a "binturong"), and the Cincinnati Zoo loans one to the University of Cincinnati sports teams for appearances: 

https://gobearcats.com/sports/2017/6/12/what-is-a-bearcat.aspx

Edited by eulessismore
correction

14 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I'm don't give a crap who the HC is sleeping with or what kind of vehicle he is driving. As long as the team is winning. 

Cheating on his wife isn't a university concern.

Hiring your mistress and failing to disclose the relationship is a university concern because it violates the university policy that someone else has to review the candidates to insure the best candidate is hired rather than hired based on relationship. If you don't hold the highest paid university employee to that standard then you lose when you fire the Chairman of Pottery and Decorative Arts for violating the policy.

He lied to the AD stating he was alone rather than disclose he was in the accident with another university employee. That creates added issues of if the employee were injured and claimed to have joined him for work issues.

Then on top of that he committed a crime by lying to the state trooper claiming he was alone, thus filing a false police report. When the trooper discovered the lie he tried to use his position and status to induce the trooper to lie.

Arkansas had absolutely no choice but fire him.

Character reveals itself.

Not only did he walk out on the Falcons, he interviewed at Auburn when the job wasn't open (and Tommy rallied and there never was a vacancy).

I'm all for forgiveness but I don't believe in putting someone who has stolen money in charge of a cash register, a child molester can be forgiven but doesn't need to be a daycare worker or youth minister thereafter.

He was supposedly considered for our near annual coaching vacancies once and our chancellor and system president put the brakes on that.

• Upvote 1