When will we get the announcement that SL won't be retained?

southsideguy

On 9/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, Green Otaku said:

A big question for the next coach is do we start him at what SL makes to get a better hire or do we start low and make them work their way up? Also it would allow us to let them go sooner if necessary. 

I believe that you hire a coach that has been at a higher level therefore you start him at least at Seth's salary or probably above.  Only if you choose to hire an up and coming coordinator or an FCS coach would you start him at a lower salary.  With the move to the AAC I believe that we hire a coach with lots of wins or winning percentage.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Skip Holtz would be a great hire. 
Athlon sports has Seth being fired at years end and had an interesting note that NT would be a highly sought after job. Sleeping giant, anyone?  

Skip Holtz is the head coach of the Birmingham franchise in the spring football league.  He won the championship.  He might want to stay where he is; it would help solidify the league.  I have no idea if his salary would advance or if it would be a lateral movement.

8 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Skip Holtz would be a great hire. 
Athlon sports has Seth being fired at years end and had an interesting note that NT would be a highly sought after job. Sleeping giant, anyone?  

I was thinking Sleeping Beauty.  Effectively dead as a doornail until Prince Charming comes along.

• Upvote 1

I was somewhat surprised to see that UNLV score.  You guys really should keep your chins up because you are just a few plays away from being competitive in all your games.

The funny thing was I was in Vegas just last week for a conference.  I was playing blackjack during one of the breaks.  As it turns out the dealer from our table was originally from McKinney and had at one time attended NTSU but did not graduate.  Older looking guy, we struck up a conversation in between games and he was unaware that we had played you earlier in the season.  Said said he never attended a game while he was in school or after he left.  He was a real nice guy though.   I actually won a ton of money at his table and left him a big tip.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, mustangfan said:

I was somewhat surprised to see that UNLV score.  You guys really should keep your chins up because you are just a few plays away from being competitive in all your games.

The funny thing was I was in Vegas just last week for a conference.  I was playing blackjack during one of the breaks.  As it turns out the dealer from our table was originally from McKinney and had at one time attended NTSU but did not graduate.  Older looking guy, we struck up a conversation in between games and he was unaware that we had played you earlier in the season.  Said said he never attended a game while he was in school or after he left.  He was a real nice guy though.   I actually won a ton of money at his table and left him a big tip.

Its funny--the other day, I was at this new broker's office. I told him I won a lot of money betting on the SMU-Maryland game. Broker looked at me and said, "Bro, I went to SMU...I've been paying players for awhile now, but now I can't get Coach Dykes to call me back anymore." I told him that Dykes was gone to TCU and you can pay the players legally now. He then jumped up, screamed out loud, and ran to a safe, exclaiming "I can finally get this embezzled money out to my alma mater like they deserve and the Pony Express will ride again...I can't wait to call Craig and tell him to get some hookers and blow tonight!!"

Then he got arrested for white collar crime and is now in jail...with his buddy Craig, who had been a fugitive wanted on murder from years and years ago. I tell you, the authoirties were really happy with me...they said he wasn't a real nice guy, though. I just left him a tip to call Ben Abbott.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1