When will we get the announcement that SL won't be retained?

southsideguy

I say after the UTSA slaughter a move will have to be taken.   They will run up the score because of last years game.  

I wonder how it all works?  Do agents make phone calls when team is a disaster and the coach's career will be ending at their present school.  Or does the AD call coaches they have an interest in?  I don't know how it works.

• Upvote 5

If the loses start pilling up it’s just a bad deal for everyone. Recruiting suffers, the coaches don’t care as much, etc. It’s not like you can fire the whole staff. I feel for the kids in this situation. 

I don’t think you even get a head start in the search for the next coach.

As long as he acts professionally he will be here till the end of the season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

At this point, we are terrible. We are losing recruits as we speak. I saw a team give up today so to me they are lost. Since the ship is going down, we may as well bring in a new one and start all over. Sure there will be growing pains, but at least we can start with a solid foundation if we hire the right guy.

• Upvote 7

Just now, greenminer said:

IMO the immediate need is simply new blood.  Even if the hire is not in front of us, find an interim and get rid of everyone else.  Let these players know that we are serious about winning and we care about them.

Don't worry about trying to overpay for a name.

Hire a coach who has developed teams as a HC at the G5 or FCS level. Important that he can he recruit transfers.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1