Sign For Seth

El Paso Eagle

The attendance at games will drop more and more every week.  It’s a shame as we should support our student athletes.  There’s only so many entertainment dollars in my budget and I won’t be driving to Denton as long as he’s still the HC.  I’ll spend my $$ on Astros tickets or UH basketball.  I will go watch the UNT basketball games against Rice when here in Houston.  

Edited by BBA1989
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

I brought one to the Marshall game and was asked to take it off. I left like 5 minutes later though so no big loss.

Who tf asked you to take it off? They can't do that and they can't ask you to leave for not complying. Though I know you left on your own accord. 

This just highlights this small time country club athletic department that UNT is entrenched in. BS

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, texx2818 said:

CSC said someone in the stands complained. As you said, it’s the small time country club vibe. How dare I insult our lord and savior Littrell?

I would have told them that the person that complained can come address it with me themselves. Event staff didn’t need to intervene in anything that didn’t effect the safety and security of anyone in the stadium. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 hours ago, BBA1989 said:

The attendance at games will drop more and more every week.  It’s a shame as we should support our student athletes.  There’s only so many entertainment dollars in my budget and I won’t be driving to Denton as long as he’s still the HC.  I’ll spend my $$ on Astros tickets or UH basketball.  I will go watch the UNT basketball games against Rice when here in Houston.  

I really appreciate your support in Houston.   If the leadership won’t thank you by making smart move at least I can tell my fellow alum THANK YOU for your support.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, texx2818 said:

I brought one to the Marshall game and was asked to take it off. I left like 5 minutes later though so no big loss.

I've been contemplating making green "Fire Littrell" 4in buttons to pin on the lady and I's shirt but I figure I won't make it up the elevator to the Hub Club before I'm asked to remove it.

I assume the Denton Country Club @ Apogee members may gasp or faint at such rabble rousing.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

I really appreciate your support in Houston.   If the leadership won’t thank you by making smart move at least I can tell my fellow alum THANK YOU for your support.  

My brother went to UH and since I live here I enjoy watching or attending some college sports.  Plus some of my buds at work are Coog alumni so we make the best of it. 

• Upvote 1

What policy or dress code requirement would one be violating by wearing a pin or a bag on their head?  I've seen what some people wear to games and would like to puke or cover my young son's/nephew's eyes but never thought of approaching an usher to ask them to leave or change.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BBA1989 said:

My brother went to UH and since I live here I enjoy watching or attending some college sports.  Plus some of my buds at work are Coog alumni so we make the best of it. 

Basically, what you're describing, is what 98% of the UNT Family does for CFB...find someone else to follow and support. It's what we have done for decades. 

• Upvote 1

You go to a game to support the team and hopefully have some fun. 

Political or coach change agendas should be left at home.  Write a hundred more anti-Littrell tirades on this site and any others.  

What I think of the coaching situation is not going to alter my support for the team.  When you wear a bag, I am sure some of you think it is cute and really daring. 

However, IMO it is an affront to the team and the school.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

You go to a game to support the team and hopefully have some fun. 

Political or coach change agendas should be left at home.  Write a hundred more anti-Littrell tirades on this site and any others.  

What I think of the coaching situation is not going to alter my support for the team.  When you wear a bag, I am sure some of you think it is cute and really daring. 

However, IMO it is an affront to the team and the school.  

It sends a public message. And it doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe feelings, but we don't have a law for that in America...yet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It sends a public message. And it doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe feelings, but we don't have a law for that in America...yet. 

What is the public message.  To me, it is I am ashamed to be at this NT game.  Obviously, makes no sense because if you were, you would not attend. 

There are a lot of things that are not against the law that I think most people would refrain from doing.  

I hope when you don this bag, that you go around everyone that can see you and explain what you are protesting.  Or maybe just write on the bag, I support the team but not the coach, better be big letters.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

What is the public message.  To me, it is I am ashamed to be at this NT game.  Obviously, makes no sense because if you were, you would not attend. 

There are a lot of things that are not against the law that I think most people would refrain from doing.  

I hope when you don this bag, that you go around everyone that can see you and explain what you are protesting.  Or maybe just write on the bag, I support the team but not the coach, better be big letters.  

When bags go on people's heads (AT SPORTING EVENTS) it's a foregone conclusion what's being advocated for. Granted I won't be doing this because I simply won't be going. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

We should all quietly sit in our seats and golf clap and be at every game watching UNT lose by 50 by a coach who doesn’t want to be here anymore. You’re absolutely right my man!!

Reading into a post a lot that is not there and completely avoiding the question: how do the audience you are obviously trying to reach know that your bagged head is in protest of Littrell and Littrell only?

They just know is not an answer, but you have already stated you are not going to the game so my golf claps won't bother you.  

If you want to do some research you will find I wanted NT to make a coaching move last year.  So I am not defending Littrell in the least, I just wonder why some of you want to waste your time advocating an early dismissal which has almost zero chance of happening.

There is most of the season to be played, and NT is 1-0 in the conference.  I think you and a few others will actually be disappointed if NT does well in conference play.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1