I can fix this mess

emmitt01

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Move Aune to the defensive side of the ball.

I watch him shut down an offense every single game.  

This is seriously what you got after watching this game Emmitt? Maybe see if Jason Bean can get some sort of waiver to come back because he made Bowen’s defenses look so good I’m sure he could do the same for Bennett.

• Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

This is seriously what you got after watching this game Emmitt? Maybe see if Jason Bean can get some sort of waiver to come back because he made Bowen’s defenses look so good I’m sure he could do the same for Bennett.

He’s terrible.  T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E

Our running game is fine, in fact better than fine…until defenses realize they need to have no respect for the passing game.  Then you see the run get stonewalled.   We have open receivers because teams have stacked the box, and often he STILL can’t hit them.  

UNLV announcers, guys who don’t watch our team every week, were commenting on how poor his throws were.    Their synopsis of what you should know about our quarterback is he used to play baseball, he’s old, and he throws the ball at the ground.  

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

He's not good...that's obvious.  This is just a weird game to say it. He might have had his best game in 3 years.

The defense on the other hand is embarrassing. Well, more embarrassing. 

This may have been his best game in three years? Well then, I rest my case. The guy threw two interceptions today, one of them a pick six to a back up cornerback.  

And take a look at his passing yards, and tell me how many of them were run after catch as opposed to distance that the ball travelled from his hand to the receiver.

If you wanna downvote me for pointing out the obvious, let me ask you to answer hypothetical.  If you have the ball, on the opponent’s 15 yard line, and you know you have to get it into the end zone on this play…are you more comfortable running or letting Austin Aune throw a pass?

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This may have been his best game in three years? Well then, I rest my case. The guy threw two interceptions today, one of them a pick six to a back up cornerback.  

And take a look at his passing yards, and tell me how many of them were run after catch as opposed to distance that the ball travelled from his hand to the receiver.

If you wanna downvote me for pointing out the obvious, let me ask you to answer hypothetical.  If you have the ball, on the opponent’s 15 yard line, and you know you have to get it into the end zone on this play…are you more comfortable running or letting Austin Aune throw a pass?

Still odd you’re crapping on our QB when the defense had one of the worst efforts in recent memory (maybe ever?). 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I didn't downvote you and maybe you missed my first sentence. This being one of his best games was kind of my point, he's not good.  However, the lineman tipped the last throw which is why it was intercepted. Not exactly a good example of his poor play.  The first one which was underthrown would have been better.

Now to my point. We gave up 49 points and 365 rushing yards and made them punt 1 time in the second half. We couldn't have stopped them with 12 players on defense today. This is on the defense. 

• Upvote 3

I might have a plan to fix this….

I want to put a shock collar on Seth. And every time he makes a boneheaded play call or fails to call a timeout and manage the clock, I get to shock him!

On second thought, let’s not do this. Seth would probably die with all the stupid calls and game mismanagement decisions.

• Haha 1