***OFFICIAL UNT VS UNLV GAME THREAD***

Coach Andy Mac

9 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

I don't see 5 more wins on this schedule.  I am confident (if the team hasn't quit on the coaching staff by then) we beat Rice.   Health of key starters on both sides guaranteed I give us better than 50% shot to beat FIU and La Tech.    And my La Tech opinion could change once they play a G5 team to see where they are athletically.  I just don't see 5 more wins.  5 wins this season I what I expect.  They might eek out a 6th win.

Yeah me neither, I see it as very unlikely. But in the event it did happen I still think for most of us it wouldn't be enough. 8-4 is probably the baseline for all of us to even start THINKING of it being enough. 

40 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

He is responsible for it in the first place. 
Clean house except for Cobbs. 

He should have fire him last year but it was tough after the win streak. Still should have let him go. If you mean “in the first place” as in he is responsible for SL, well SL was not his hire. 

12 minutes ago, rcade said:

A lot of penalized celebrations don't affect the flow of the game, like simpler touchdown celebrations in the end zone.

I don't see any wording that excludes sideline celebrations like this slot machine bit, but maybe there's an unwritten understanding they won't get called.

A lot of that is very subjective, I remember even end zone celebrations used to be enforced much harsher. I can't remember when they started to be more lenient, maybe 7-8 years or so, but before even making a pose in the end zone would get you a flag. I think for the sideline stuff as long as it's not happening on the field and in the opponent's face the kind of just let it slide. It would be interesting to see what the officials' are told about these things. 

QB coach who needs one?   I watched the Tenn Martin game vs Boise state.   Tenn Martin qb is 10 times better than ours.  SL cannot evaluate talent because it is out there.   

I was upset I was not going to be able to make the LATECH game because I will be out town.  Now I could careless

Fire SL and I don't care who leaves with him or who enters the portal. SL needs to go at the end of the season.  This season is a disaster. I don't know how WB can overlook this performance.  I would give SL a new position picking up trash at Apogee and after the basketball games before I let him coach another game.  Let Cobbs take over.  The only two coaches I would keep is Cobbs and the wide receivers coach.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Aune gets his stats and all, but it really is amazing how zero a threat he seems.  Doesn't seem like one to take command of the offense, nor a threat to lead us to a come-from-behind win.

Zero presence.  Complete lack of intangibles that you want to see from your QB.

Stats?  You mean career 55% completions?  He really lit it up today at 56.6%  and +300 yards.  You know part of the reason we ended up in those 4 and 1 situations?  Aune isn't trusted on 3rd down and Opposing defenses know it.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

I hope WB is putting a help wanted sign up this week.

Wren is 101% complicit in a fleecing of our University, our fans, and our players.  You can send him packing too.  Who GAF if we're in the AAC or the SEC if we can't be serious about our football program.

I hope he enjoys his HUGE paycheck this month that puts him in the 1% of Americans who make what he makes.  If the rest of us were such poor decision makers at work we'd be unemployed and homeless.  

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
Grammar mistakes due to overwhelming hatred
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

49 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Stats?  You mean career 55% completions?  He really lit it up today at 56.6%  and +300 yards.  You know part of the reason we ended up in those 4 and 1 situations?  Aune isn't trusted on 3rd down and Opposing defenses know it.

We are in sync.  He will get his yards and TDs, but when a play needs to be made we know he cannot be relied upon.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Did anyone listen to the game on radio.  Was SL interviewed after the game?  I remember the last time a coach did not do an after game interview he was fired that night.

Ya, he was interviewed and it was painful for all concerned. 

Gave this a lot of thought...got up early put pulled pork on the smoker, Coors on ice... then listened to two  mwc enema bag announcers call the game. at the half I thought we had a shot. We fell on our swords... but as bad as I hate it, I will watch every weekend, and donate again to the MGSF. We do need a change somewhere...too many good people support this team for this performance. Please Wren and staff do something. I like Littrell but this University deserves to be a winner....

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1