***OFFICIAL UNT VS UNLV GAME THREAD***

Coach Andy Mac

6 minutes ago, GabeGMG said:

I may just be salty, but how is UNLV's slot machine TD celebration not unsportsmanlike conduct?

The celebration rules are vague enough to outlaw it, prohibiting "[a]ny delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves)."

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

The celebration rules are vague enough to outlaw it, prohibiting "[a]ny delayed, excessive, prolonged or choreographed act by which a player (or players) attempts to focus attention upon himself (or themselves)."

Don't those rules apply to play on the field only? Meaning as long as it's on the sideline and doesn't affect the flow of the game the don't apply?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Otaku said:

At this point even a 7-5  wouldn't be enough to make me want to keep Litrell. 

I don't see 5 more wins on this schedule.  I am confident (if the team hasn't quit on the coaching staff by then) we beat Rice.   Health of key starters on both sides guaranteed I give us better than 50% shot to beat FIU and La Tech.    And my La Tech opinion could change once they play a G5 team to see where they are athletically.  I just don't see 5 more wins.  5 wins this season I what I expect.  They might eek out a 6th win.

As I look at this game, I am wondering where SL's offensive prowess is. If I remember correctly, we hired him because of his offensive capabilities. Seeing this crap inside the 5 happen every week makes me wonder if he made crap calls in his past stops and the HC overrode his calls and it made him look like an expert. If that's not the case then he should have overridden those stupid goal line calls so we could get TDs instead of nothing. UNLV's defense is just as bad as ours. They just had better offensive play calling. I attribute that to coaching.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Don't those rules apply to play on the field only? Meaning as long as it's on the sideline and doesn't affect the flow of the game the don't apply?

A lot of penalized celebrations don't affect the flow of the game, like simpler touchdown celebrations in the end zone.

I don't see any wording that excludes sideline celebrations like this slot machine bit, but maybe there's an unwritten understanding they won't get called.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 1