TCU-SMU GAME SOLD OUT

dodgefan

5 hours ago, dodgefan said:

UNT should play TCU too. I saw on twitter, SMU has some BIG announcement about facilities next Friday. The do need to widen the concourse.

shhh.  Don't ruin the surprise!  Its a pretty big announcement that should make quite a bit of news both here and nationally.

100% agreed on the concourse area.  Its incredibly cramped.  Ford was great when it first opened in 2000 but there have been minimal upgrades.  Thanks to the $100m (already fully funded) renovation it should remedy a lot of those issues.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

We have a TCU guy in our crew, so we try and make the TCU-SMU game every year. Looking at the forecast this Saturday of 97- with zero shade, we're starting to regret purchasing tickets. Laugh if you want, but heat can be dangerous to men our age. I bet with that early kick time, combined with the heat, you will see people leave early or just watch from the airconditioned den.

• Upvote 4

On 9/16/2022 at 9:50 AM, SMU2006 said:

Expecting 38-40k with standing room only.

How many but in seats?  Turn on the TV plenty of paid for seats available.   And that is looking halfway through the 2nd quarter.    Even the commentators commented on it.  🤷🏽‍♂️.  I would rather be 10% short of a sellout 24 hours before kickoff and it actually look like a sellout on TV.

• Upvote 3

It was definitely a sellout, but since stadium operations decided to have a complete meltdown, it took until the second quarter before there weren't lines trying to get in. Then our incompetent concessions meant there were probably 5000 in line for food or beer at any one time.

Then since it was 100 degrees and high noon, a bunch left at halftime.  I saw two people in my section alone have to get medical assistance for heat issues. Given buying beer or water was almost impossible with 45 minute concession lines, and some stands were out of water by halftime, not surprising a bunch left early.  

All in all we had a great half-quarter of a full house.  

Game was a disappointment. Stadium management was an embarrassment. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

It was definitely a sellout, but since stadium operations decided to have a complete meltdown, it took until the second quarter before there weren't lines trying to get in. Then our incompetent concessions meant there were probably 5000 in line for food or beer at any one time.

Then since it was 100 degrees and high noon, a bunch left at halftime.  I saw two people in my section alone have to get medical assistance for heat issues. Given buying beer or water was almost impossible with 45 minute concession lines, and some stands were out of water by halftime, not surprising a bunch left early.  

We’ve been there…

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Karma.  

• Eye Roll 1

50 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

You must be the one who counts SMU's attendance.

5000 in line at the concession stands, sure.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Like I said earlier in the week, one of the guys in our crew is a TCU guy. It was so dangerously hot, early in the first quarter, we made a deal that we would stick it out until halftime, we barely did. I can testify to the person talking about the lines in the concourse, it was something like I had never seen before, total failure by their management. Attendance numbers are announced on tickets sold, they had over 35,500 tickets sold, I can empathize with the people that chose not to use their ticket. I know TV runs the college football world, but they should start making these TCU and SMU games at night. We went to the game in Fort Worth last year and it was incredibly hot and miserable, TCU had thousands and thousands of no shows as well. TCU's band is enormous just like UNT's, they took up a whole section by themselves, besides that, they probably had 3,000 or a few more in attendance. You guys that constantly talk about SMU's attendance, must not have mirrors in your own home.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

49 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

Dude there were entire sections of the stadium that were empty. Donors bought up empty tickets, just admit it. You never had a full house.

100% not accurate, we had to buy our tickets through the secondary market. Let's take a look at our attendance and worry about our own business for once. Maybe we wouldn't be in the crap hole that we're in now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3