TCU-SMU GAME SOLD OUT

dodgefan

My golfing crew and I, love high school and college football (and coffee). On the college ball side, we try and catch at least 2 UNT, TCU and SMU games live, sometimes more. On Tuesday, we decided that we better go ahead and get tickets for the TCU game at Ford Stadium, to our shock, the ticket manager said... they were completely sold out. That was 11 day's before the game!  So, I asked how many tickets that TCU fans had bought, he said around 3,000, but they might find a few on the secondary market and that's where we had to purchase our 4 tickets. I'm surprised, that there hasn't been any announcement, from either school on this. The ticket manager did say, since the students sit on the south end zone hill, they sold the seats reserved for them at $100 a pop. Also said, SMU would start selling over flow tickets next week, but, we're too old to stand for hours. Anyway, I know there are quite a few on this site, obsessed with all things SMU and their attendance, but, we were as shocked as anyone. I'm just surprised at how quietly this was done, very strange.

https://smumustangs.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AF22%3AF02%3A&linkID=smu-athletics&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

https://www.stubhub.com/smu-mustangs-football-dallas-tickets-9-24-2022/event/105210210/?sections=1651935&ticketClasses=2512&listingId=&listingQty=&estimatedFees=true

Look at the prices on Stub Hub, with estimated fee's! What the heck?!

Edited by dodgefan
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

52 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

My golfing crew and I, love high school and college football (and coffee). On the college ball side, we try and catch at least 2 UNT, TCU and SMU games live, sometimes more. On Tuesday, we decided that we better go ahead and get tickets for the TCU game at Ford Stadium, to our shock, the ticket manager said... they were completely sold out. That was 11 day's before the game!  So, I asked how many tickets that TCU fans had bought, he said around 3,000, but they might find a few on the secondary market and that's where we had to purchase our 4 tickets. I'm surprised, that there hasn't been any announcement, from either school on this. The ticket manager did say, since the students sit on the south end zone hill, they sold the seats reserved for them at $100 a pop. Also said, SMU would start selling over flow tickets next week, but, we're too old to stand for hours. Anyway, I know there are quite a few on this site, obsessed with all things SMU and their attendance, but, we were as shocked as anyone. I'm just surprised at how quietly thus was done, very strange.

https://smumustangs.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AF22%3AF02%3A&linkID=smu-athletics&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=&cgc=

https://www.stubhub.com/smu-mustangs-football-dallas-tickets-9-24-2022/event/105210210/?sections=1651935&ticketClasses=2512&listingId=&listingQty=&estimatedFees=true

Look at the prices on Stub Hub, with estimated fee's! What the heck?!

When you are winning it doesn't take large scale marketing campaigns to get people to show up. Must be nice. 

However, gotta rack on it that says there are quadruple more than 3k TCU fans in attendance. Maybe more. 

• Upvote 1

The Sonny Dykes Bowl!! They replaced the Safeway Bowl…

I will say, growing up in FW in the heyday of the SWC, this game always got the locals fired up. Of course, SMU also beat the crap out of TCU almost always, too, until they finally got the Death Penalty. 

This game is the ultimate example of why we are stuck in this area…the media and fans in DFW care about this game way more than anyone we play, including them…

• Eye Roll 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

The Sonny Dykes Bowl!! They replaced the Safeway Bowl…

I will say, growing up in FW in the heyday of the SWC, this game always got the locals fired up. Of course, SMU also beat the crap out of TCU almost always, too, until they finally got the Death Penalty. 

This game is the ultimate example of why we are stuck in this area…the media and fans in DFW care about this game way more than anyone we play, including them…

We have chosen not to change the narrative based on our actions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

We have chosen not to change the narrative based on our actions.

Truth…we got what we dreamed of, though. First, we got SMU to play us annually. Now, we are about to join a conference with them. We have basically made it to the top of what we have shown we truly care about.

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

Truth…we got what we dreamed of, though. First, we got SMU to play us annually. Now, we are about to join a conference with them. We have basically made it to the top of what we have shown we truly care about.

At one time we dreamed of making it to C-USA. We got there but it was not the conference we dreamed of. Now the AAC we dreamed of has also changed. The secarniro has the potential to be very similar to when we left the Belt.

2 hours ago, dodgefan said:

UNT should play TCU too. I saw on twitter, SMU has some BIG announcement about facilities next Friday. The do need to widen the concourse.

Probably this?

UNT has to do similar in the south Apogee end zone soon & very soon.

Anyone got $40 million for Wren Baker?D0A0ED64-B336-4055-8A50-C9972989972B.jpeg.58d20c15029f3e42663c87091b3905c8.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3