I’m worried UTSA may win Saturday

Jonnyeagle

10 hours ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

An upset is certainly possible given injuries, but I’m not buying Texas and Patterson aren’t prepared for UTSA or the rest of their season for that matter.

I'm not saying they aren't prepared at all but unless they hired a defensive consultant to specifically gameplan for every single game on their schedule, there's no way they can be as prepares for the rest of their schedule as they were for Bama considering Patterson had no responsibilities other than prepping for last saturday for the past 3 months. 

• Upvote 1

I hope they win & get ranked.  Wouldn’t we rather go to the AlamoDome playing a ranked UTSA than not?

The RR’s were ranked #22 when we beat them in the rain last November at fabulous Apogee Stadium. 

NCAA college football is so weird.  
 I remember Fry’s 1975 team that opened with the OSU Cowboys. They kicked the Mean Green’s butts 61-7.    
It felt like the SMU game of a few weeks ago but—later that season we beat the UH Coogs 28-0 & then the SEC’s Tennessee Vols 21-14 in what is still arguably our greatest win ever.  (North Texas was the talk of that winter’s NCAA convention).  The UT Vols were not chopped liver, either. They finished with a 6 & 5 record & would have been a bowl team in todays NCAA.

After that 1975 season, the Vols Bill Battle got fired; he left coaching; he got a loan from Bear Bryant & started College Licensing, Inc. & (as they say)—the rest is history.
 Talk about turning 🍋’s into 🍋-ade!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Oh Boy! 1

16 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

UT’s top 2 QBs are injured and as usual UTSA is the luckiest program in the world to face UT under these circumstances. 

If they do win, I don’t know if we will be able to contain the momentum that will come from it.  I’m genuinely concerned this could happen to us.  Please help me off the ledge🙏

You better not pee your pants 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I'm not saying they aren't prepared at all but unless they hired a defensive consultant to specifically gameplan for every single game on their schedule, there's no way they can be as prepares for the rest of their schedule as they were for Bama considering Patterson had no responsibilities other than prepping for last saturday for the past 3 months. 

I hear you but think it’s less of a factor than stated - if UT can prepare and compete strongly against Bama I’m guessing they’ll be ready for the roadrunners.

Still curious about the OPs concern over UNT containing UTSAs potential momentum given they win.

We need to focus on cleaning up our house before worrying about other teams imo.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

This is a little funny because I would assume Texas A&M and Notre Dame fans said the exact same thing last week. 

This would take the conversation into talks about upsets and outliers.

One might consider those results only reinforce my point.  Despite proving they are better on the field this past weekend, there is no chance in hell they are getting P5 consideration.

For me, it's got nothing to do with whether or not UTSA wins this game or who is injured for UT.

It's got everything to do with the fact that UTSA is going toe-to-toe with them at DKR and is giving them a game.

We just got our doors blown off by the second place team in the Mountain West's West Division and UTSA is very competitive with UT, a Big 12, soon to be SEC, team.

Trash talk them all you want, but they're in the position we think we ought to be in, but aren't. That should infuriate everyone on this board and most of all, infuriate our boosters and AD.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

I want UTSA to wither away into nothingness. 

Why? When we got good, they realized they had to get rid of their spare coach and hire someone who could recruit and build something. And now that our spare coach is gonna get fired, I’m hoping we can figure a way to get someone here to jumpstart us in the right direction.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, UNTethered Eagle said:

Guess we don’t need to worry about containing UTSA’s momentum. What a joke.

Can we finally focus on cleaning house?!?

Are you so freaking insecure you can't give a team credit for performing. Maybe if more people would worry about North Texas and quit being so overwhelmed and concerned about other schools messing up or doing bad things could change around here.

• Upvote 5