I’m worried UTSA may win Saturday

Jonnyeagle

UT’s top 2 QBs are injured and as usual UTSA is the luckiest program in the world to face UT under these circumstances. 

If they do win, I don’t know if we will be able to contain the momentum that will come from it.  I’m genuinely concerned this could happen to us.  Please help me off the ledge🙏

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

Nevermind last season’s win, but UTSA has slowly been passing us by in football while we’ve been on our usual football sabbatical. I do think that will be short-lived, but we do have some catching up to do at the Apogee turnstiles.  
Having a big destination city & a big stadium in it can make a difference—ask UH’ers from the mid-1960’s when the Coogs began their NCAA march upward. I got to see all that firsthand.
UNT is still in the game, but we have to do some things very different (& I think our UNT leadership more than knows that, too). 

ONE DAY, EH?  7B876671-B154-4667-B969-E60103F88892.jpeg.54707cb2896e2e37191eec2b18740208.jpeg

GMG!

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

While Texas' defense played an awesome game against Bama, I think their actual defense is being overhyped a bit. They had Patterson game-planning specifically for Bama for the past 3 months. Let me rephrase, they hired Patterson to watch hundreds of hours of Bama film to create the perfect gameplan. I'd say it worked. They won't have that benefit for the rest of their schedule. We'll see how they look after the physical and emotional beating they took last week. Logically, the talent gap should be great enough that it doesn't matter but we've seen enough upsets that I'd say a UTSA upset is possible.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Nevermind last season’s win, but UTSA has slowly been passing us by in football while we’ve been on our usual football sabbatical.

They'll still be G5.

With all the fluctuation that can happen on the sub-P5 level, and the pace at which change can happen so fast, it's still VERY hard to establish any long-term (10-ish years) success, and it appears damn-near impossible to make P5 at this point.  That club is going to get smaller, not larger.

Just my personal wish, but I think people should stop using "pass us by" around here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

While Texas' defense played an awesome game against Bama, I think their actual defense is being overhyped a bit. They had Patterson game-planning specifically for Bama for the past 3 months. Let me rephrase, they hired Patterson to watch hundreds of hours of Bama film to create the perfect gameplan. I'd say it worked. They won't have that benefit for the rest of their schedule. We'll see how they look after the physical and emotional beating they took last week. Logically, the talent gap should be great enough that it doesn't matter but we've seen enough upsets that I'd say a UTSA upset is possible.

An upset is certainly possible given injuries, but I’m not buying Texas and Patterson aren’t prepared for UTSA or the rest of their season for that matter.

And I’m still not sure how this pertains to us containing another schools momentum as the OP stated. Lets just focus on our alignment, assignment, and technique for UNLV.

Edited by UNTethered Eagle

On 9/15/2022 at 7:11 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Nevermind last season’s win, but UTSA has slowly been passing us by in football while we’ve been on our usual football sabbatical. I do think that will be short-lived, but we do have some catching up to do at the Apogee turnstiles.  
Having a big destination city & a big stadium in it can make a difference—ask UH’ers from the mid-1960’s when the Coogs began their NCAA march upward. I got to see all that firsthand.
UNT is still in the game, but we have to do some things very different (& I think our UNT leadership more than knows that, too). 

ONE DAY, EH?  7B876671-B154-4667-B969-E60103F88892.jpeg.54707cb2896e2e37191eec2b18740208.jpeg

GMG!

If they knew that a mediocre coach with zero trophies with an overall record of sub 0.500 against FBS competition wouldn’t be starting season 7.  🤷🏽‍♂️  It is pointless to worry about any other geographical G5 rival getting the house in order when our leadership doesn’t clean its own house. 

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3

I don't think UTSA has a chance, but I hope they win.

I don't understand the logic of a lot of you.  A UTSA win only makes NT look better even if NT loses to UTSA.

I think most have a rooting hierarchy, mine is something like this:

NT

Other CUSA teams

Other Texas teams

Other regional teams

The rest

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

They'll still be G5.

With all the fluctuation that can happen on the sub-P5 level, and the pace at which change can happen so fast, it's still VERY hard to establish any long-term (10-ish years) success, and it appears damn-near impossible to make P5 at this point.  That club is going to get smaller, not larger.

Just my personal wish, but I think people should stop using "pass us by" around here.

Well….Louisville, Memphis, Tulsa, Cincinnati, Houston (in the mid 50’s), Boise St. & the 1976 Fla. St. (of Fouts Field snow game fame) all who at one time were either in the same conference (or competitive level) as UNT. Nevertheless, they all  moved up while we stayed the same; that is we mostly floundered then sank down to D1-AA in 1980; then we joined the Sun Belt—then we left the Sun Belt which became stronger soon after; then we advanced(?) to CUSA from what to me was a surprisingly emerging Sun Belt.  Then the new CUSA we joined became SBC 2.0—that is; the SBC without all their recent Top 25 wins.  

All this keystone comedy conference-jumping while our favorite school just kept on doing things the same in 2 universities town Denton, Texas.
Now we hold our respective breaths on what happens with the future American Athletic Conference.  NIL will dig in & change G5 conferences forever.  A fiction novelist could never have made any of this up. 

🏳🏳🏳🏳 🏳? So time to wave the white flags? Hell no! UNT, UNT DFW Alums, Denton & Denton County growth will never allow any white flags. I do think we have good leadership. UNT basketball is in the best shape its ever been. Once football follows suit it will be a New Day in Denton.  Just time to dig in & make sensible changes while setting a path of consistent winning like few of us Older Nestor’s have ever seen in Denton. 

🚨 •••Right now we’re on a projectory to where our all time football W/L record is in jeopardy & will no longer be over .500 with wins-–& that my fine feathered friends will not be a happy day for the Mean Green Nation.

The present projectory must be stopped cold in its tracks. Hopefully our football future will soon be seeing that sleeping giant every UNT HFC in my lifetime has said we were to-—wake up. E3832FFF-254A-4948-89AB-9DC18BBCCC29.jpeg.11c61b9f53f42cb8ce3c297125bae18f.jpeg

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

They'll still be G5.

This is a little funny because I would assume Texas A&M and Notre Dame fans said the exact same thing last week. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1