a home and home????

meanJewGreen

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No shot that 2027 game happens. And if it does, there will be 29k OU fans at that game. 

They somehow buying out SMU season tickets? It'll be a pro OU crowd, but it will be around 55/45. 

SMU boosters won't allow OU to completely take over the stadium. They'll buyout sections of seats and make sure they end up with SMU fans.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

They somehow buying out SMU season tickets? It'll be a pro OU crowd, but it will be around 55/45. 

SMU boosters won't allow OU to completely take over the stadium. They'll buyout sections of seats and make sure they end up with SMU fans.

A&M did when they played there in 2012

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No shot that 2027 game happens. And if it does, there will be 29k OU fans at that game. 

Wrong.  OU has a pretty long tradition of doing home and homes with regional schools like Tulane, Tulsa, etc.

They obviously recruit heavily in DFW.  With no TCU this game just makes a lot of sense for both schools.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GrayEagle said:

Also remember that Ford Stadium will be a little north of 40,000 in 2027.  They will put stands where the south berm now exists.

It won’t make it over 40K, I think it decreases capacity because students would have to move somewhere else. Adds like 1-2K, but loses 4K.

4 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Why is this OU-SMU discussion on GoMeanGreen.com?

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

1. Regional "rival"

2. relevant home and home

3. It pre-empts the announcement of us announcing a home and home with Tarleton State 

4. I got a notification saying I needed to post more to get more points to move up rank on this site. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/14/2022 at 3:27 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

SMU Boosters aren’t stupid.  If SMU is floundering and still in the AAC with us they aren’t throwing money away.  They will always support the program financially but finding SMU fans to sit in those seats if the program is bad will be hard.  So if they have anymore than 40% SMU fans and SMU isn’t coming off a great season I will be shocked.

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

SMU Boosters aren’t stupid.  If SMU is floundering and still in the AAC with us they aren’t throwing money away.  They will always support the program financially but finding SMU fans to sit in those seats if the program is bad will be hard.  So if they have anymore than 40% SMU fans and SMU isn’t coming off a great season I will be shocked.

We had 26k (4,500 students) show up to watch a game against Lamar.

Pretty sure we'll do just fine with the $100m renovation and a national marquee program like OU in 2027.

12 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

4. I got a notification saying I needed to post more to get more points to move up rank on this site. 

I look forward to achieving enough rank to be Eagles Nest moderator for a day.  Hopefully I also get a classy gift basket with some nice summer sausage and tasty exotic cheeses. 😎

pun gift basket GIF

• Oh Boy! 1