Murphy Brothers Update

Coach Andy Mac

9 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Bittersweet is fine. My comments are more directed at those who seem to imply we're better without them because they got some dumb penalties. I've seen it mainly in previous threads but there's similar comments above as well.

I understand "win at all costs" isn't hung up but damn, I'd sure take the 25+ tackles for loss, 16ish sacks they got us last year. We don't have anybody on our roster who appears capable of replacing their production although I do think we have some nice pieces. Time will tell if we're truly better without them but I doubt it.

I doubt we are better off in defensive production without them.  But perhaps they were into themselves too much and a distraction to the team as a whole?  I don't know the whole situation as far as being undisciplined on the field (penalties), ego, and individualism but it appeared there was enough for both sides to say see ya.  

On 9/14/2022 at 10:43 AM, GMG_Dallas said:

Man I'm likely wrong here but I don't care about the gloating. So they make a big play and can't be proud? Looking at the NFL, Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens liked to gloat and were great. Cam Newton as well and he won an MVP and took his team to a Super Bowl. Deon Sanders let everybody know he was THE GUY when he was out there. If they're out making big plays and having fun, let them celebrate or "gloat." It's part of the game.

The guy that puking eagled this comment is bothersome.

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 9

23 minutes ago, Rudy said:

So at what point do they get taught?

Guess it depends on the coaches and their abilities to lead young men. They were going to play somewhere. Clearly the behavioral issues aren't as significant as we may believe if they're immediately starting at UCLA. If it was that bad, they wouldn't have gone up in conference.

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, NT80 said:

I doubt we are better off in defensive production without them.  But perhaps they were into themselves too much and a distraction to the team as a whole?  I don't know the whole situation as far as being undisciplined on the field (penalties), ego, and individualism but it appeared there was enough for both sides to say see ya.  

Breaking news. Young alphamale athletes who know they're good have an ego. Take a look at the field around you. There's plenty of individualism going on, especially amongst the top players with all the NIL stuff going on. I'd understand if there was criminal activity going on but that's not the case. If you want top tier talent, you're going to have to deal with some egos. It's up to the coaches to learn how to address those egos and keep them focused on the field.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 9/14/2022 at 10:11 AM, untjim1995 said:

This is where the portal will kill G5s. Kids with immaturity get experience here and show their talents, but also their faults. Some P5 sees them and says, with the right coaching and getting them around better athletes, as well as just growing up, they will be much better for them in a year or two.

We are basically the P5s minor leagues now…thanks a lot, NCAA.

What did the NCAA do? They didn't cause this. As far as killing the G5...App State, Air Force, UCF, Old Dominion, Marshall, and Ga. Southern would like a word. It works both ways.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Best of luck to those guys but this is a zero star topic for me.   I don’t fault them for going to leaving.  Not happy about it but with this mediocre coach you can expect this to happen often.  Starters on teams competing for conference titles are not usually leaving your program.  🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Not happy about it but with this mediocre coach you can expect this to happen often.  Starters on teams competing for conference titles are not usually leaving your program.  🤷🏽‍♂️

Imagine starters on FBS football teams wanting to win championships and get to the NFL.  Something our University and Athletic Dept appear to have no idea about anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

I wish the bothers, well; but really don't care much how they do.

This current system of NIL and free transfers has led to this.  Those blaming Littrell are IMO not very aware of today's environment.  

My guess is the vast majority of G5 players offered a UCLA scholarship would take the offer and never look back.  

I fail to see the difference in NT recruiting ACU and other lower level conference players and P5's taking their pick of G5 players. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1