UNT should go after TSU QB Andrew Body in portal

meangreen11

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

If Wren doesn't fire him after 5-7 wins, I'll be officially on the fire Wren train. 

Littrell should donate all his paycheck to Mason Fine and Graham Harrell. They got him paid. It clearly wasn't his doing

I read that as 5-7 conference wins, which would be 6-10 wins total depending on the rest of the OOC games. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I read that as 5-7 conference wins, which would be 6-10 wins total depending on the rest of the OOC games. 

Sorry I wasn't clearer. I meant 5-7 TOTAL wins, which is his average. He has averaged 6 wins a season in his tenure here.

It's just that the conference is such garbage, it's not hard to get 5-7 wins between that and a FCS team every year.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Guy has tremendous field vision and was making plays all over the field the other night.  Terrific athlete, good wheels and arm.  I think if he was playing with a D1 line and receivers he could be special.

https://tsusports.com/sports/football/roster/andrew-body/5452

Fake news.  He is not in the portal.    

Let's see who the new coach brings in as QB coach, yes, a real QB coach.  That will determine what type of QB to go after. 

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Do you buy that he looked more accurate playing at a disadvantage than our guy?   Now I am not saying give up up on Gunnell or the other newcomers.  But Aune is gone after this year and Ruder couldn't beat him out after a full season and off-season.

Give it up, he would be another recycle 

• Oh Boy! 1

On 9/13/2022 at 5:33 PM, Big Z said:

Having Graham Harrell was like having two QB's out on the field. Without him I don't think Mason would have the numbers he had.

Just asking, but I read where some Southern Cal players were not high on Harrell and his offense. Anyone else read or hear this?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, wardly said:

Just asking, but I read where some Southern Cal players were not high on Harrell and his offense. Anyone else read or hear this?

Zero insight into USC specially, but I know the Leach offense is very polarizing.  You either love it or hate it.

I've heard it is based a lot on repetitions and execution, and there is not a ton of depth to it.  If you're a football nerd looking to spend the game dissecting X-and-Os with your couch coach buddy, this is not for you.

• Upvote 2

All of you guys clammoring for this guy...   I don't believe the reason he looked somewhat-good was because of his ability... rather, the lack of much pass rush (Jackson & Brown out) & a subpar secondary for the Mean Green defense.

Extremely worrisome if he's able to look good VS the Mean Green, but atrocious VS Prairie View A&M:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401423918

• Upvote 2

On 9/13/2022 at 1:52 PM, Cr1028 said:

We already have an Andrew Body and his name is Stone Earle. Step back from the keyboard fellas and take a breath. If we try to pick up every quarterback that makes our secondary look bad we won’t have any room to add more bad secondary players.

Sure wish we did that with Zappe. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

Zero insight into USC specially, but I know the Leach offense is very polarizing.  You either love it or hate it.

I've heard it is based a lot on repetitions and execution, and there is not a ton of depth to it.  If you're a football nerd looking to spend the game dissecting X-and-Os with your couch coach buddy, this is not for you.

All true. In a pure Air Raid there's maybe 30 plays that are installed(if that), they then run those concepts over and again so that the timing and routes are exactly how they want them.

The entire offense is based on pure execution. It's simple, but if you can run your plays better than the other team it's effective.

We used to joke about Mike Leach and his notecard of plays. Seeing other guys with a massive call sheet with formations, plays, situations etc and he'd have just a single notecard with about 20 plays written on it for the entire game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Travis said:

The difference between what Zappe did to us VS what Body did to us was night & day:
Body:  19-29/239/1/0  -  https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401426549
Zappe:  39-63/480/3/0  -  https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401207098

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Travis said:

Zappe had 3800 yards, 35 TDs to 15 interceptions his junior year at Houston Baptist. Body had 2000 passing yards, 11 TDs and 4 Interceptions in 10 games last year. Not quite the same caliber of player.

22 minutes ago, Travis said:

He was also listed as the top 50 Texas college athletes. I think the only one mentioned in his division.  So others have noticed him too.  

See above. Also, Aune made the preseason CUSA first team All-Conference at QB last year and we see how that's turned out. I'll take legitimate production over opinion-based rankings.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Zappe had 3800 yards, 35 TDs to 15 interceptions his junior year at Houston Baptist. Body had 2000 passing yards, 11 TDs and 4 Interceptions in 10 games last year. Not quite the same caliber of player.

See above. Also, Aune made the preseason CUSA first team All-Conference at QB last year and we see how that's turned out. I'll take legitimate production over opinion-based rankings.

Perhaps... but still looked more caliber than what we had. 

AND, it didn't take the rest of the season for me to know what Zappe had. I saw it first hand when he torched us. 

Edited by Travis

On 9/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, Cr1028 said:

We already have an Andrew Body and his name is Stone Earle. Step back from the keyboard fellas and take a breath. If we try to pick up every quarterback that makes our secondary look bad we won’t have any room to add more bad secondary players.

Really?  How are the two comparable?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

You clearly didn't watch the game, he did extremely well considering the talent gap. I'd take him and throw him in as the starter and see if he can thrive.

Matter of fact, I did watch every second of that game. But one game isn't going to justify throwing this guy in right away as a starter. Tap the brakes...

• Upvote 1