UNT should go after TSU QB Andrew Body in portal

meangreen11

4 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Guy has tremendous field vision and was making plays all over the field the other night.  Terrific athlete, good wheels and arm.  I think if he was playing with a D1 line and receivers he could be special.

https://tsusports.com/sports/football/roster/andrew-body/5452

LOL after one game? Geez

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

No also based on last year and his high school career.  Do you read links?

2021:  Finished the 2021 season as the TSU single-season record holder in total offense with 265.9 yards per game while finishing second in the SWAC and fourth-all time in single-season passing at TSU with 2,017 passing yards...was a dual threat as he rushed for 121 yards and one touchdown while passing for 271 yards and four touchdowns en route to national honors against Arkansas-Pine Bluff...rushed for 134 yards and a touchdown while throwing for 163 yards on 13-of-25 passing in season finale at Alabama State. 

HIGH SCHOOL: Ranks third all-time in Texas High School Football passing history with 13,000 yards…led an offense which averaged 56 points per game in 2020..threw for 4,344 yards and 48 touchdowns in his senior season…passed for 4,389 yards and threw for 47 touchdowns as a junior…had two games with 400-plus passing yards and seven games with 300 or more yards passing…rushed for 1,506 yards and five touchdowns in 2020…led his high school to the state quarterfinals which was its longest run since 1963…named a finalist for Mr. Texas Football High School Player of the Year Award by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine…earned Texas All-State, District 15-4A MVP honors…named All-South Texas MVP…2020 Whataburger Super Team Honors.

I don't buy into that all that...

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1

44 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

It doesn't appear he's entered the Transfer Portal. I don't remember the details, but there are serious penalties for encouraging a player to enter the transfer portal. Is there any reason to believe he wants to leave TSU? 

Please provide me one documented case where a school has got in trouble for contacting a player before they enter the portal.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

This can’t be the same guy who played against us last Saturday. According to experts o. This board, UNT played against unworthy D2 QB who we should have intercepted 6 times and kept him to -300 yds rushing. Go back and look it up. 

Compare his stats to what he did against PAMU. His success has a correlation to our defense. That is unless you think that PAMU had that much better a defense than we do.

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The announcers stated he was the #39 QB in the nation coming out of high school, but that he had a hitch in his delivery that scared people away.  

Hmmm, I believe that that is what they used to say about Scott Davis too. 

I was impressed with his performance against us Saturday night. But so far, just about every QB we've faced has looked good passing against us.

On a related matter, #17 on your program looked a little less.......tentative. But, "body language wise", he still didn't look as confident as Body.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Please provide me one documented case where a school has got in trouble for contacting a player before they enter the portal.

There is no reason to believe he wants to leave TSU. Seaton Hall got in trouble for transfer tampering. 

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/11/15/seton-hall-basketball-ncaa-penalty/4201849002/

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

There is no reason to believe he wants to leave TSU. Seaton Hall got in trouble for transfer tampering. 

https://www.app.com/story/sports/college/2019/11/15/seton-hall-basketball-ncaa-penalty/4201849002/

Maybe I should have specified football. We have had head coaches come out and say that they have direct evidence of schools tampering yet there have been no punishments.

• Upvote 2

Jason Bean

Austin Aune

Will Kuehne

Cole Johnson

Kason Martin

Amani Gilmore

Luke Gombert

Greyson Thompson

Bryce Drummond

Jace Ruder

Stone Earle

JD Head

Grant Gunnell

Now, I suppose it's POSSIBLE that none of these guys could provide better than we've seen since Mason Fine left, but what are the odds? I don't see any reason to believe that this random specific QB is going to solve the problem simply because he beat up on our defense.

We need a real OC and a real QB coach. 

And then, Seth isn't going to make a change at QB regardless, because he cares nothing about the FUTURE of North Texas. If he doesn't win games today, he's gone. So he's gone into PREVENT coaching, hoping he can use the run game to get his 5-7 wins in a crap conference to keep his job. 

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

47 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

And then, Seth isn't going to make a change at QB regardless, because he cares nothing about the FUTURE of North Texas. If he doesn't win games today, he's gone. So he's gone into PREVENT coaching, hoping he can use the run game to get his 5-7 wins in a crap conference to keep his job. 

If Wren doesn't fire him after 5-7 wins, I'll be officially on the fire Wren train. 

Littrell should donate all his paycheck to Mason Fine and Graham Harrell. They got him paid. It clearly wasn't his doing

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

If Wren doesn't fire him after 5-7 wins, I'll be officially on the fire Wren train. 

Littrell should donate all his paycheck to Mason Fine and Graham Harrell. They got him paid. It clearly wasn't his doing

Having Graham Harrell was like having two QB's out on the field. Without him I don't think Mason would have the numbers he had.

• Upvote 3