Texas A&M-Commerce - future opponent?

El Paso Eagle

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Nope. Don’t crap where you eat. Playing AM-Commerce is a no win situation. 

yeah like playing ACU, Houston Baptist, Lamar, TX Southern. A&M Commerce is now the same level as those teams, but it is not ok to play them. This board is funny.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, untbowler said:

yeah like playing ACU, Houston Baptist, Lamar, TX Southern. A&M Commerce is now the same level as those teams, but it is not ok to play them. This board is funny.

Yeah it wouldn't be any different whatsoever, might even draw a crowd higher than those because of their proximity.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Yeah it wouldn't be any different whatsoever, might even draw a crowd higher than those because of their proximity.

I would just prefer these tune up/hopefully easy pad our record games were the first game of the season. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

If we must have an FCS "spare game" then bring back Lamar.

We don't need to schedule an FCS.   It is a meaningless game that only pads the win column to insure a lame bowl and lame coach.  They were used to balance our schedule when we did 2-1 with P5's.  Future schedules are all 1-1 with P5's and should remain that way.  I'd rather schedule some MWC or ACC teams that would be more meaningful and fan attractive!

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3

Iron sharpens Iron - we don’t get better playing avg teams - let’s go back to playing mid-level G5 schools - I know some will say we get players hurt doing this but that’s a weak point - we need to able to show we can play a respectable type game amongst them. Beating up ACU or Texas Southern does nothing for us or our image. If our coaching can’t compete we need better coaches - at 1.8 mil for a HC there are tons of coaches that make half that - that would love a crack at putting this place on the football map! 
You guys have put a lot of them up on the forum this week that could be potential turn around program guys!  Just My Opinion folks 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I would just prefer these tune up/hopefully easy pad our record games were the first game of the season. 

Sure, but the SEC has also had that cupcake week mid-conference forever. If we want a cupcake let's do and 2 and 2 with New Mexico State and/or UTEP.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1