Kason Martin Update Week 2

Dannymacfan

I get the narrative you're writing, but the stats you posted conveniently leave out the fact that he threw a pick six in the 4th quarter with ENMU up by 1 and threw his second pick in their last possession of the game. I don't have any beef with him, but using the stats he puts up at ENMU to try to prove whatever you're trying to prove doesn't really tell the whole story.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I get the narrative you're writing, but the stats you posted conveniently leave out the fact that he threw a pick six in the 4th quarter with ENMU up by 1 and threw his second pick in their last possession of the game. I don't have any beef with him, but using the stats he puts up at ENMU to try to prove whatever you're trying to prove doesn't really tell the whole story.

And leaving out the fact that he is throwing against Midwestern State’s D2 secondary.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

And leaving out the fact that he is throwing against Midwestern State’s D2 secondary.

With D2 receivers. And do you think he could not complete passes against our DB's who play 5-10 yards off the receivers.

I guess Aune's stats against a very low level SWAC team should not count

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Nobody thinks he's coming back. but it amazes me that when you try and say nice things about a former player who worked hard here and did not bad mouth us some people still want to take a shot at him. Guess he should have bad mouthed us and some of the same people would keep going on how bad we miss them.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Nobody thinks he's coming back. but it amazes me that when you try and say nice things about a former player who worked hard here and did not bad mouth us some people still want to take a shot at him. Guess he should have bad mouthed us and some of the same people would keep going on how bad we miss them.

People aren't just saying nice things about him, they are using his D2 stats to say he would be tearing it up against better talent that we have faced, even Texas Southern.  Forget the fact that he was here 4 years through some of our worse QB rooms in recent history and just got to 3rd string.

I'm a huge Kason Martin fan! He's been one of the best representatives/teammate that I can think of in the last 10 years. He seemed like a good person and always brought energy to the sideline. I really do hope he plays well and enjoys his last couple of years and it makes me uneasy to have to talk negative towards him.  However, I just don't think his numbers at ENMU translate to doing well had he got to play here.  

• Upvote 4