-2.5 point Dogs in Vegas

MeanGreen_MBA

I really don't know what to think about this game.   If J.Davis can get back for this game, I'd feel a lot more comfortable.  UNLV's passing attack appears to be pretty potent, and without Davis, our secondary is very suspect.   
And if Enoch & Rod are both out, we're not going to win.  Period.

I think Ragsdale is going to want to shine at home, so if he's healthy, he should have a good game.  I don't know that UNLV has seen a rushing attack like ours.

If we get into a shootout with them, I don't like our chances.  I feel like KD Davis could really have a standout game here & be the deciding factor for us.

...but there's no way I could predict this game.  Especially with SL's roster tricks.  We'll have no idea who's playing until gametime.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hope you all are correct.  My worries now lie on the defensive side of the ball.  Hope we got caught looking ahead to this week and their play Saturday night was not indicative of what we have to look forward to the rest of the season.

I don't think that will be a significant problem.  PB talks to the defense whenever they are not on the field correcting flaws.  The defense usually gets better as the game goes on.  My main concern would be injuries.  We've already lost John Davis for a significant number of games.  If something happens to Gaddie we are screwed.

2 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I don't think that will be a significant problem.  PB talks to the defense whenever they are not on the field correcting flaws.  The defense usually gets better as the game goes on.  My main concern would be injuries.  We've already lost John Davis for a significant number of games.  If something happens to Gaddie we are screwed.

Wait, when was this announced?   What happened to him?

Just now, Glory to the Green said:

He went out vs UTEP, then missed SMU and TSU. I’m not aware of an announcement. 

Yeah, I remember him starting VS UTEP.   But his name remained in the weekly depth chart releases, so I was hoping he was week-to-week.   I bet we see his name on there again, but if he's seriously injured, that should be disclosed and his name should be removed from the depth chart.   Have confidence in whoever you have starting in his stead (Texada) and put his name in there.   So stupid.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

This is the first three 50/50 games that SL needs to win to get that extension. Assuming Memphis, UTSA, UAB, and WKU as sure losses, as well as Rice and FIU as sure wins, the line in the sand will be drawn for UNLV, La Tech, and FAU. Win those three, along with wins over UTEP and TX Southern already, plus winning against powerhouses Rice and Florida International, the extension will be at hand. The party that the Lovelace's will have for SL will be lit!!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 3

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah, I remember him starting VS UTEP.   But his name remained in the weekly depth chart releases, so I was hoping he was week-to-week.   I bet we see his name on there again, but if he's seriously injured, that should be disclosed and his name should be removed from the depth chart.   Have confidence in whoever you have starting in his stead (Texada) and put his name in there.   So stupid.

Seth plays games with the depth chart and leaves it the same all year it seems. Injury or not

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Hope you all are correct.  My worries now lie on the defensive side of the ball.  Hope we got caught looking ahead to this week and their play Saturday night was not indicative of what we have to look forward to the rest of the season.

Agreed. I think our offense will put up lots of points on Saturday. I just don’t know if our defense will be able to hold UNLV under 35…

So basically this is as it probably should be a pick’em as the Home team customarily get 3pts - hope we have our core Defensive line guys playing as we have to shake up their QB so he doesn’t have time to find that Georgia transfer that already has 4 tds - sure wish someone had some intel on John Davis - missing him in the secondary! Hoping for the best as we raise the bar in competition this weekend ! #GMG 

5 hours ago, zenhuddy said:

So basically this is as it probably should be a pick’em as the Home team customarily get 3pts - hope we have our core Defensive line guys playing as we have to shake up their QB so he doesn’t have time to find that Georgia transfer that already has 4 tds - sure wish someone had some intel on John Davis - missing him in the secondary! Hoping for the best as we raise the bar in competition this weekend ! #GMG 

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/unt-coach-seth-littrell-acknowledges-importance-of-game-at-unlv-chance-to-move-to-3/article_4c1d5e7e-753b-5d5d-a8cb-ae85c67b44cd.html

Davis removed from depth chart after injury

UNT has been without cornerback John Davis Jr. since he went down with an undisclosed injury during the season-opening win over UTEP.

Littrell does not discuss the injury status of his players, but it appears as if Davis will be unavailable this week for UNT’s game at UNLV. The senior wasn’t listed on the Mean Green’s depth chart this week.

• Thanks 1