Is Gary Patterson a possibility?

cousin oliver

18 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Gary Patterson created a sad ending for his career at TCU & is a big reason you never put a statue up for a coach still on your payroll.

10,000 percent. He began to see himself as bigger than the program. He, in his own words, was “untouchable” in his mind. He thought he could not be fired because he was too important. He thought wrong.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

Fan Nation on Sept 12 posted an article on Patterson 

Gary Patterson, Texas analyst: This makes so much sense. GP has plenty left in the tank at age 62 after a bitter departure from TCU. (Consider this: How many guys with statues on campus are fired during the season?) Patterson's skills were on display Saturday as he teamed with Longhorns defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski to limit Alabama to its fewest points in a true road game since 2017. Patterson knows Nebraska and its culture; he would come out of the box blazing on the recruiting trail. Blackshirts? They'd be back.

58 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

10,000 percent. He began to see himself as bigger than the program. He, in his own words, was “untouchable” in his mind. He thought he could not be fired because he was too important. He thought wrong.

Can we not allow people to make mistakes in this cruel world?  I mean really it seems like college football

is just a microcosm of our society in general.  They guy is an extremely talented coach and would come with more accolades than any head coach we have hired in our history.

Why must we always go with a young inexperienced hire.  Mac was a great hire until he had his unfortunate health issues which was beyond everyone’s ability to predict.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Mac was a great hire until he had his unfortunate health issues which was beyond everyone’s ability to predict.

Mac was a good hire until Dodge’s recruits graduated and he force-fed us quarterbacks who had no business playing at the FCS level much less FBS. When Skladany got burnt out because of the offense’s woes, Mac was toast. I don’t remember any specific health issues for Mac outside of the eyesight, are you thinking of Dickey?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Mac was a good hire until Dodge’s recruits graduated and he force-fed us quarterbacks who had no business playing at the FCS level much less FBS. When Skladany got burnt out because of the offense’s woes, Mac was toast. I don’t remember any specific health issues for Mac outside of the eyesight, are you thinking of Dickey?

Happy Hour Drink GIF by James Bond 007

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

It was my understanding Mac had a problem with Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:32 AM, zenhuddy said:

Fan Nation on Sept 12 posted an article on Patterson 

Gary Patterson, Texas analyst: This makes so much sense. GP has plenty left in the tank at age 62 after a bitter departure from TCU. (Consider this: How many guys with statues on campus are fired during the season?) Patterson's skills were on display Saturday as he teamed with Longhorns defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski to limit Alabama to its fewest points in a true road game since 2017. Patterson knows Nebraska and its culture; he would come out of the box blazing on the recruiting trail. Blackshirts? They'd be back.

Yes, he will take a Big Fish job like Nebraska with a hungry fanbase that needs a rebuild.

I have to say, if we had the money 💰 it would be nice to bring him here with his former coach Justin Fuente as the OC/QB/Associate HC (head coach I’m waiting).  But alas- that won’t happen. 

I still am hopeful that it will be Justin Fuente or Jeff Grimes, but that will depend the staffs that either could put together.

Edited by UNT Family Man