Scott Frost Fired

UNT Texas Hooligan

3 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

I would love to see the list of coaches available right now who could make Nebraska relevant again…

If they are willing to appoint an interim (because the guy they want isn't immediately available) AND pay that buyout for early termination, IMO that puts substance to the idea that lingering on a guy who is going to be fired anyways is NOT a good idea.

Having said that, maybe they know who they want and he's available.  Let the week play out.

In this new era of portals, immediately eligibility, and NIL, things are so fluid year round that it doesn't make as much sense anymore to wait until offseason.  The new guy needs as much of a head start as possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

It signals to recruits and potential recruits that you aren't a Big10 program that was last serious about winning in the 1990's.

Recruits and potential recruits aren't going to remember that Frost was fired on Sept. 12 instead of Oct. 1. They're going to care about the new coach. Does anyone think they'll hire somebody in September they couldn't have gotten in October or November?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

If this is true, I’m gonna start believing that the AD who fired Frank Solich pissed off the CFB gods something fierce. Their fans are the best in the country, known for years to be both smart and very hospitable. And these fine people have now seen Nebraska fire Frank Solich to hire underachiever Bill Callahan, complete psychopath Bo Pelini, dull as dishwater Scott Frost, and possibly Tom Herman, who is a freaking weirdo with tons of baggage and very thin skin.. it’s like they’re becoming Cowboys fans, watching what happens after Jerry fired Jimmy. Just pure hell.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

It also tells your fans that you’re not accepting losing 

Firing a coach three games into a season says that a program is in shambles from top to bottom. Nebraska had soured on Frost before the season began but instead of doing something about it, they gave him this season even though everybody knew he was all-but-guaranteed to be fired by the end of it.

So now Nebraska's athletes have a year of eligibility wasted with an interim coach when they could've been playing this season for a new coach.

And they didn't keep Frost around because of money considerations since they just put themselves on the hook for $7.5 million by not waiting three weeks to fire him.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, rcade said:

Recruits and potential recruits aren't going to remember that Frost was fired on Sept. 12 instead of Oct. 1. They're going to care about the new coach. Does anyone think they'll hire somebody in September they couldn't have gotten in October or November?

Yes, people on this forum actually think that. Only benefit Nebraska gained from firing now is making their wallet lighter. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Should have definitely waited until Oct. 1. Would've cut that buyout in literal half. but, egos and stuff. 

It's the Huskers Boosters' money.  They can do with it what they want.
But if I'm any of those coaches on that leaked list, I'm not really considering this job.  Except maybe Leipold.

But yeah, I think I'm in agreement with those who are skeptical of Frost.    He and Littrell seem to be virtually the same guy.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's the Huskers Boosters' money.  They can do with it what they want.
But if I'm any of those coaches on that leaked list, I'm not really considering this job.  Except maybe Leipold.

But yeah, I think I'm in agreement with those who are skeptical of Frost.    He and Littrell seem to be virtually the same guy.

If I'm Matt Campbell I'm considering the job. Nebraska is Iowa State just with way more money, better facilities, and stronger conference. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If I'm Matt Campbell I'm considering the job. Nebraska is Iowa State just with way more money, better facilities, and stronger conference. 

Every year, you hear his name trotted out for bigger jobs.   I think he's biding his time until the right job comes along.   He's able to be picky and keep this thing he's built in Ames going.

The "stronger conference" part would be what scares me about the Nebraska job, because I know I'm not getting top recruits to come there.

• Upvote 3

SO my 2 cents on Frosty -----Frost was up for the Frank Broyles award for best Asst Coach when he was at Oregon in 2014, so he gets + points there. Now the dark side of this dude in my opinion - Frost leaves Oregon for HC job at UCF, 1st year won 6 games and second year had a 13-0 great season, in our future conference, BUT consider these were not players he brought in, but O'Leary's kids. 

Leaves UCF for the HC job Neb and looked like a natural for the job, as a former player that just killed it at UCF right -- Well he then has to recruit and bring in players and goes 16-31 over 4 yrs and 3 games this season - Never won more than 5 games -- So to me if you can't recruit at Nebraska, you can't recruit here any better than what we have right now. Patterson is a pipe dream but there are some diamonds in the rough for sure -- Frosty ain't one of them JMO -

Side Note

Some OC's are very mechanical and I think he and our guy are that way _ doesn't by any means make them bad guys at all, but can hamper their overall success. You have to have what I call a hybrid -- Has the X's and O's skills of the game but can be personable and can talk to people and promote the program to recruits and their community (McCarney and Dickey had these traits)