Scott Frost Fired

UNT Texas Hooligan

4 minutes ago, Snowy said:

No. Absolutely not.

Scott Frost has only had ONE winning season, though it was a VERY good one. The other 6 seasons he's been a head coach, he's had a losing record. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Frost#Head_coaching_record)

The sample size is big now, he's not a head coach worth hiring. It's worth mentioning too, that the 2017 season likely wasn't even with his own recruits. Absolutely not interesting in Scott Frost.

Fair enough.

Is it safe to say the story of Scott's one winning season is really about McKenzie Milton, and not Frost?

45 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Nebraska could have saved $7.5m by waiting till Oct 1st to fire Frost. 

How refreshing that a University and Athletic Dept is so serious about change that they would pay $375,000 a day for the next 20 days to make a necessary change now!

I bet there is a large difference in the budgets of the two programs.  

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, helix said:

I was told if Wren and the UNT Administration wanted Littrell gone they could afford the buyout. That's repeated frequently by those that claim to be in the know around here.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
Grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Pissed 2

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Nebraska just fired our future head coach

Not crazy about Scott at all, but I'd take Jack Frost at this point if he'd express any interest in supporting this program. Seth is merely phoning it in, riding out the remainder of his contract.

We COULD be using this time to conduct a national search. It may not change our candidate list, but it would at least show the customers (fans) that there is a least an effort to improve the product.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

55 minutes ago, helix said:

We have demonstrated that, if there is enough will then we can find enough money.

Listen to Wren talk about this stuff and ask yourself, is he saying 1) we don't have enough money, or 2) we are trying to be smart with our money.

....those are two different things.  I happen to think it is the latter and not the former.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

How refreshing that a University and Athletic Dept is so serious about change that they would pay $375,000 a day for the next 20 days to make a necessary change now!

I admire Nebraska for being able to make a change when needed.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Such a great program.  Long lost in the shadows. Shadows created by the BCS system, USC, and now 'Bama.

It's like if the QB for Army in the 40's went back in the mid-70's with the goal of recreating those national titles. It's just a complete disconnect from the modern college football world and everything that's changed in it since he graduated. Florida even has a higher amount of D1 recruits (per capita) than Texas some years. Nah, surely I can convince those black kids in Miami and Atlanta to come to LINCOLN for 4 years. Surely. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Having an interim coach for 20 more days this season doesn't sound like a benefit worth $7.5 million.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

And Nebraska will be no better off having fired him now vs. waiting until November…

Unless they have a another candidate in mind who's available and can start the process now of recruiting and putting together a new staff for next year

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2