No football on KNTU

TripleGrad

2 hours ago, eulessismore said:

The reception for 95.3 alternated between our football game and something called the "Black Information Network". It seems now that 2 different stations can occupy the same numbers on your dial, sort of alternately fading in and out, but hey, maybe I'm not up to speed.

Yep.   95.3 has terrible reception in most of Dallas.    Where do most UNT alums probably reside ?    Dallas.   This is a terrible oversight.     In fact, it is shocking.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, eulessismore said:

The reception for 95.3 alternated between our football game and something called the "Black Information Network". It seems now that 2 different stations can occupy the same numbers on your dial, sort of alternately fading in and out, but hey, maybe I'm not up to speed.

95.3 is a weak ass signal. I lost my signal at 35W and Heritage Trace going home, where I started to pick up the Black Information Network.  It is absolutely ludicrous and Bush league that a Division 1 university has such a weak signal. 

And KNTU is well...KNTU

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll just echo what others have said: 95.3 FM broadcast is incredibly weak. I listened to the pregame show on my way home from Southlake (to Oak Cliff) last night and multiple times it lost connection or switched to another radio station occupying the same airwaves. Really disappointing quality... I'll also mention, it took quite some time to find. I first listened to KNTU, then tried all of the local sports stations, then finally manually went through each frequency until I finally found it. Not a good user experience at all.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, akriesman said:

Yep.   95.3 has terrible reception in most of Dallas.    Where do most UNT alums probably reside ?    Dallas.   This is a terrible oversight.     In fact, it is shocking.

I've gotten 95.3 in Tishomingo Oklahoma a few times pretty well. But I agree

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

KHYI Coverage Map

That broadcast coverage is pitiful.  It won't even reach the majority of the DFW Metroplex.   They need another station around Arlington and/or Cedar Hill.   We are NORTH TEXAS, not Grayson County Tech.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

Quick KNTU update for those not listening.

- They now have an HD transmitter

- The music mix and variety has improved over the last couple months

- 88.1 HD 2 now plays the jazz music that used to be played on 88.1 (no longer solely streamed)

- Still commercial free

- Still haven’t brought athletics back

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 9/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Snowy said:

I'll just echo what others have said: 95.3 FM broadcast is incredibly weak. I listened to the pregame show on my way home from Southlake (to Oak Cliff) last night and multiple times it lost connection or switched to another radio station occupying the same airwaves. Really disappointing quality... I'll also mention, it took quite some time to find. I first listened to KNTU, then tried all of the local sports stations, then finally manually went through each frequency until I finally found it. Not a good user experience at all.

I agree with all of this, but I have mastered Varsity and it is crystal clear. I use it exclusively.