Other Game Today (9-10)

El Paso Eagle

7 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

More interested in Southern Miss giving Miami some trouble. Southern Miss up 7-3 just before the end of the half and picked off Miami just a bit ago.

Seems like every team that leaves CUSA plays better. Maye there is hope for us next year🤣

• Haha 2

Scanning and watching parts of several games... Announcer observations

There are some really bad announcers

When a P5 plays an FCS the announcers are respectful to the FCS team. When the other team is a G5 they seem to go out of their way to take shots at them.

• Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Watched the Boise State vs UNM game last night.  UNM had 21 yards rushing 69 yards passing (the one offensive touchdown came on 69 yard pass. The QB makes Aune look like a star qb .  I guess it could be worse here.

It can always be worse.

12 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Watched the Boise State vs UNM game last night.  UNM had 21 yards rushing 69 yards passing (the one offensive touchdown came on 69 yard pass. The QB makes Aune look like a star qb .  I guess it could be worse here.

It could be worse and it has been worse most years since I’ve been a fan (early 90’s).

• Upvote 2

Funny story, I was at the car wash the other day wearing my mean green attire.  This young tall guy walks in North Texas attire.  He asked if I was the SMUT game and I responded if you can call that a game but I was there.  I went off on all the things I thought were wrong with the team and I did say the d-line and LB played well but the secondary was not good at all.  Talked about not being able get the ball in from the red zone.   On and on but he is not saying much.  I asked if he went to UNT and responded he was GA for the football team.  Told I would see at the game Sat and we better look good.....

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Earlier VaTech went to ODU and NC State went to ECU. North Carolina at Georgia State this week - UNC played at App State last week. Have head announcers say some of these P5's are playing the road games in areas they recruit. With all of the talk about the great recruiting in Texas/DFW area I still shake my head that we can't get better teams to come to Denton

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

This Texas defense…

Wren, please throw the entire checkbook at Gary Patterson.

The announcers made a comment that Patterson's primary responsibility for the last 3 months has been game planning for today. So far he is kicking some ass

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

So Marshall is down 7-6 at halftime  at ND.   They have P-5 transfers from Florida State (about four), Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and one other school.  Are we not even trying?

They are all starting

Marshall is up 9-7 in the third, and currently at Notre Dame's 20 yard line.

This is what really irritates me.  Marshall is leading ND in the 3rd qtr, App State is playing Texas A&M tough.   We cant even be the field with SMUT.  Getting beat is one thing but getting curb stomped is something totally different.  I hope SL contract does not get extended but it most likely will.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This Texas defense…

Wren, please throw the entire checkbook at Gary Patterson.

44 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

After today, I am absolutely Littrell Out, Patterson In

It might be easier to convince UTSA or SMU to hire Bill OBrien as OC which would help us a ton. The 15 penalties for 100 yards killed several drives and extended a few of Texas’ drives. Worst Alabama performance I’ve seen with Saban as coach. Maybe there was too much ULM left on Texas’ uniforms and Saban had that losing feeling again.