***OFFICIAL GMG TSU Vs. UNT IN-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

Betterish. Aune did have way more TDs.  I dunno, I've never felt this bad after a win before.

Yea, we didn’t look clean and dominant like we should have to give me hope for the rear od the year. The defense looked particularly atrocious. Outside of Aune’s first drive or 2 I thought he played well enough to lead us to another bowl if the defense can be above average which they weren’t tonight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Betterish. Aune did have way more TDs.  I dunno, I've never felt this bad after a win before.

I'm an Aune hater so take this with a grain of salt but his play wasn't responsible for any of our sustained drives. The running game, as expected, was the key to the game which is why many of us were asking not to lean on the run game this evening. His stats look good because a few receivers had some big plays, especially the catch and run for 70 yards. Aune, once again, completed less than 60% of his passes against an inferior opponent. Does not bode well for the remainder of the season. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

Yea, we didn’t look clean and dominant like we should have to give me hope for the rear od the year. The defense looked particularly atrocious. Outside of Aune’s first drive or 2 I thought he played well enough to lead us to another bowl if the defense can be above average which they weren’t tonight.

It's going to be hard to win games if Aune can barely get 50% completion imo. There's a reason 60%+ is usually indicative of success. But if the D can play better then this game and if we can run it down our opponents throats...I think we can get to a bowl.

I just hate that it seems Aune is probably the best QB on roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Truth is this game was never really going to tell you much about the rest of the year. I feel like all you can really say is they won and they won big, just like they were supposed to. Lots of football left to play.

I disagree. We looked poor. Our passing game did nothing to sustain drives. Other than some big plays against an inferior opponent, it was non-existent which was already an area of concern. Our defense was like Swiss cheese, full of holes. Luckily our conference schedule is weak but don't expect a bowl win with this level of QB play or secondary play.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

It's going to be hard to win games if Aune can barely get 50% completion imo. There's a reason 60%+ is usually indicative of success. But if the D can play better then this game and if we can run it down our opponents throats...I think we can get to a bowl.

I just hate that it seems Aune is probably the best QB on roster.

58% against Texas Southern. That is not good.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Truth is this game was never really going to tell you much about the rest of the year. I feel like all you can really say is they won and they won big, just like they were supposed to. Lots of football left to play.

I think giving up 27 points to Texas Southern tells us a lot about the rest of the year.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1