SMU Hype Video

KeithLee

15 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This video should be all that is needed, if anyone on earth doesn't think the version of NIL out there is a cluster F, that they screwed this up. SMU using their past as the biggest cheaters in college football history as a recruiting tool. Time for the NCAA to go away!

They weren’t cheating any worse than Texas and A&M but SMU was getting too good too fast for the traditional powers’ taste and they got brought down hard.

Think about it, when was the last time you heard of investigative reporting targeting the Longhorns? SMU brought down by Dale Hansen, Texas Tech brought down by Craig James’ kid debacle, and Baylor brought down by Texas Monthly. All of these occurred when they were performing as good or better than Texas. 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

There's probably a lot of other great hype videos out there that you've seen: maybe Michigan, maybe Florida State, hell I bet even the Cougars down south do too...but you explicitly posted SMU's the week after they dogged us in Denton? I'm being polite when I ask what the hell, dude? 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

They weren’t cheating any worse than Texas and A&M but SMU was getting too good too fast for the traditional powers’ taste and they got brought down hard.

Think about it, when was the last time you heard of investigative reporting targeting the Longhorns? SMU brought down by Dale Hansen, Texas Tech brought down by Craig James’ kid debacle, and Baylor brought down by Texas Monthly. All of these occurred when they were performing as good or better than Texas. 

Ummm..... I wouldn't compare anything SMU did to anything Baylor did. There's a difference between paying players and rampant sexual assault/subsequent coverup that lands people in long jail terms Baylor did that to themselves.

Also, Texas Tech had like 1 incredible year. 

Edited by meanJewGreen
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Ummm..... I wouldn't compare anything SMU did to anything Baylor did. There's a difference between paying players and rampant sexual assault/subsequent coverup that lands people in long jail terms Baylor did that to themselves.

Also, Texas Tech had like 1 incredible year. 

I’m not saying what they did is the same. I am saying the timing always seems to coincide with their threat to UT.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

26 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

There's probably a lot of other great hype videos out there that you've seen: maybe Michigan, maybe Florida State, hell I bet even the Cougars down south do too...but you explicitly posted SMU's the week after they dogged us in Denton? I'm being polite when I ask what the hell, dude? 

So, is this forum for opinions or just for bitching and $hit talking?  I was at that game watching my son play. I posted this video because I thought is was done very good. It had their identity and was focused. I’ve only been in this “Rivalry” for only 3 years. So, excuse me if I’m not allowed to like a video from a “Rivalry” school that has beat our ass pretty easily all 3 years we have been here. We are about to go to the AAC and must step up our efforts in all aspects to compete in recruiting, transfers, NIL, etc.  Disclaimer: I did say “I hate to admit”. Also, portal is safe from NT TEs. So go drink some coffee and watch TV and quit being so damn sensitive. #GMGBeatSMUtNextTime

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Haha I like your style @KeithLee

It was well done. It hurts for me to admit it is good but I have to give credit where it was due. I really like Eric Dickerson too despite him playing for SMU.

Agree with this. This was well made. I love that Dickerson can joke openly about the gold trans am.

Ill also say our social has gotten better too, 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

As soon as everyone accepts that the mods like these SMU post because they get clicks we can move on. The best way to avoid them in the future is not to respond to them

How about not posting them since we don’t play them again for a year?