Week three uniforms

97and03

34 minutes ago, NT91 said:

NT logo!!

I disagree. We are not "North Texas" we are University of North Texas. Therefore, UNT would be much more appropriate on the helmets. We need to get rid of the North Texas tag. UNT is the name our school is trending and we need to continue to follow that approach similar to UCF, USF etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 13

19 minutes ago, Victorygreen04 said:

I disagree. We are not "North Texas" we are University of North Texas. Therefore, UNT would be much more appropriate on the helmets. We need to get rid of the North Texas tag. UNT is the name our school is trending and we need to continue to follow that approach similar to UCF, USF etc. 

But we are North Texas...And why can't both be used? It's not that confusing. And the athletic department doesn't have to use the same exact logos the university uses.

Doesn't seem to bother these schools:

University of Southern California (USC) Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG  + .PNG) format - SeekVectorLogo.Com

USC Trojans Logo and symbol, meaning, history, sign.

UNC School of Medicine Logos | John B. Graham Medical Student Research  Society

UNC Logo | Unc logo, North carolina basketball, Unc basketball

Florida State University - Rugs - Flooring - The Home Depot

Florida State • D1Baseball

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Victorygreen04 said:

We already had more than 65 years of history with “North Texas” as a part of our name before either of those schools was founded. Mean Joe and Abner Haynes did not play for UNT, they played for “North Texas” State. We have a decade more history than those two Florida schools combined.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, NT80 said:

That is so very wrong!  We have been "North Texas" for over 100 years and still are. 

I did not graduate from UNT, it was NTSU then.  I don't feel a connection to those UNT abbreviations. 

But I do feel a connection and did graduate from NORTH TEXAS!

Exactly, what next, we chant “U!” then the other side says “NT!” ? Plus we don’t any more reason to be a coffee cup meme.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

A lot of programs put out weekly uniform reveal videos/pics. Not sure why its so triggering?

Because the state of our program is awful and everything will trigger an angry fanbase.

New uniform? HATE IT.
Coach looks tired? HATE HIM
Game day failures? HATE IT
Beat reporter asking prepared questions? F THAT GUY

...not really anything you can do right until you wash away the ugly losses.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

That is so very wrong!  We have been "North Texas" for over 100 years and still are. 

I did not graduate from UNT, it was NTSU then.  I don't feel a connection to those UNT abbreviations. 

But I do feel a connection and did graduate from NORTH TEXAS!

Well not everyone graduated when it was NTSU... I graduated from UNT. We need to embrace the present and the future not continue with the past because thats how it was for over 100 years. Also, I am not saying drop North Texas as a whole just add on University of North Texas and stick with the acronym UNT because that is the name of our university. 

• Downvote 8
  • Puking Eagle 1

34 minutes ago, Victorygreen04 said:

Well not everyone graduated when it was NTSU... I graduated from UNT. We need to embrace the present and the future not continue with the past because thats how it was for over 100 years. Also, I am not saying drop North Texas as a whole just add on University of North Texas and stick with the acronym UNT because that is the name of our university. 

I feel like we tried the UNT monicker back in the late 90s and it didn’t take well so we switched to a North Texas focused branding. I could just be misremembering like Roger Clemens though.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

But it's still our logo. And Oregon wasn't the first team to put wings on a helmet. 

And I've said it a thousand times, the best logo for a helmet would be the "NT" we use for the Letterwinner's Association. The throwback helmets worn the past couple years show it would fit perfectly on a helmet.  And it has a way cleaner and more collegiate look than the "UNT" script we've been using more and more as a secondary logo.

image.png.068348ad0687b59531bc61c02dac477a.png

No way lol 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

But it's still our logo. And Oregon wasn't the first team to put wings on a helmet. 

And I've said it a thousand times, the best logo for a helmet would be the "NT" we use for the Letterwinner's Association. The throwback helmets worn the past couple years show it would fit perfectly on a helmet.  And it has a way cleaner and more collegiate look than the "UNT" script we've been using more and more as a secondary logo.

image.png.068348ad0687b59531bc61c02dac477a.png

Hell yes!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

How you know your team sucks? We're arguing about logos, uniforms, and the school name. Not the terrible on field product. 

First game against UTEP folks were hoping we would win or predicting a close game. It wasn’t. Then we make critical mistakes that led to our loss last week and we get comments like the one above. This fan base is freakin’ bipolar with my apologies to anyone suffering from bipolar disorder. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

First game against UTEP folks were hoping we would win or predicting a close game. It wasn’t. Then we make critical mistakes that led to our loss last week and we get comments like the one above. This fan base is freakin’ bipolar with my apologies to anyone suffering from bipolar disorder. 

Did you enjoy losing by 38 to SMU? I had us going 5-7 on the year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1