Wren's letter was essential but still a load of shit. You suck too Neal!

GreenFlag

A quick note to the clowns reading this that can't handle any criticism: I believe Wren and Neal are both a big net positive. Ok?

Now on to the rant.

Wren had to send the email, ok? There was no fantastical epiphany on accountability. Wren did his job really, really bad on Saturday. This has happened before. Not only has this happened under Wren before, but this EXACT SAME BULLSHIT happened under RV. And oh yeah, under a different President as well.

We are either unable or unwilling to pull our collective heads out of our collective asses.

For those of you in the "just get there earlier" or "it didn't happen to me" crowd, I wish you would consider a few things.

I wish you would empathize with those who had significant issues on Saturday. These are significant issues for some, not all. They are still significant issues. They really happened. These issues are serious enough to drive potential fans away forever. An answer of "just get there earlier" or "it didn't happen to me" only hurts in finding a solution to this bullshit. It's the same old shit.

Our AD is one of the highest paid ADs in the country. Yes, country. Like top 30ish. I expect him to document and resolve issues like these for all future ADs. This is basic job responsibility stuff. Again, it's the same old shit. We gave a negative gameday experience to some potential fans who will never, ever come back.

Not only am I pointing the finger at the AD, but I'm also pointing the finger at Neal. Hey Doc, act like you're smart and find a solution to this.

You two are capable of great things but the amount of ego and selfishness is appalling. It's almost as if you two don't give a douchebag about the future as long as you look good now. It's almost as if you want to make the guy following you have a tougher job, so your legacy looks better.

You two receive well deserved praise in a lot of areas but both of you get a resounding "F" in change management. So do your predecessors. Just 100% terrible. Change management is a real thing and you should really look into it.

Neither of you will be around forever but you need to act in a responsible manner. You need to find solutions AND put systems in place to ensure this never happens again...whomever is the AD or University President. I know it doesn't fulfill your selfish needs right now, but it is the right thing to do.

I don't give Wren or Neal a pass. This is just the same old shit. Wren and Neal, c'mon fella's we like you! Now it's time to get your shit together. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 20
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

A quick note to the clowns reading this that can't handle any criticism: I believe Wren and Neal are both a big net positive. Ok?

Now on to the rant.

Wren had to send the email, ok? There was no fantastical epiphany on accountability. Wren did his job really, really bad on Saturday. This has happened before. Not only has this happened under Wren before, but this EXACT SAME BULLSHIT happened under RV. And oh yeah, under a different President as well.

We are either unable or unwilling to pull our collective heads out of our collective asses.

For those of you in the "just get there earlier" or "it didn't happen to me" crowd, I wish you would consider a few things.

I wish you would empathize with those who had significant issues on Saturday. These are significant issues for some, not all. They are still significant issues. They really happened. These issues are serious enough to drive potential fans away forever. An answer of "just get there earlier" or "it didn't happen to me" only hurts in finding a solution to this bullshit. It's the same old shit.

Our AD is one of the highest paid ADs in the country. Yes, country. Like top 30ish. I expect him to document and resolve issues like these for all future ADs. This is basic job responsibility stuff. Again, it's the same old shit. We gave a negative gameday experience to some potential fans who will never, ever come back.

Not only am I pointing the finger at the AD, but I'm also pointing the finger at Neal. Hey Doc, act like you're smart and find a solution to this.

You two are capable of great things but the amount of ego and selfishness is appalling. It's almost as if you two don't give a douchebag about the future as long as you look good now. It's almost as if you want to make the guy following you have a tougher job, so your legacy looks better.

You two receive well deserved praise in a lot of areas but both of you get a resounding "F" in change management. So do your predecessors. Just 100% terrible. Change management is a real thing and you should really look into it.

Neither of you will be around forever but you need to act in a responsible manner. You need to find solutions AND put systems in place to ensure this never happens again...whomever is the AD or University President. I know it doesn't fulfill your selfish needs right now, but it is the right thing to do.

I don't give Wren or Neal a pass. This is just the same old shit. Wren and Neal, c'mon fella's we like you! Now it's time to get your shit together. 

It is amazing this happens again and again.  

I agree with you. Wren gets paid a substantial amount to make sure these kind of issues should never happen. I kind of think Neal is coasting his way out to retirement. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 4

Would these issues have come up had we won the game against SMU?  And I'm not giving Wren and Neal a pass.  I have no doubt there were issues at the game that need to be corrected.  I mean, it's not like the first big football game we've had at Apogee.  Wren should have all of these issues worked out before the first home game of the season.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Would these issues have come up had we won the game against SMU?  And I'm not giving Wren and Neal a pass.  I have no doubt there were issues at the game that need to be corrected.  I mean, it's not like the first big football game we've had at Apogee.  Wren should have all of these issues worked out before the first home game of the season.

Yes, the issues would have still come up. I haven’t been upset about the game at all. We all had a pretty good idea what the outcome would be. 

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Yeah, screw them for being happy about getting us into the best conference we've ever been in! These guys suck!

I can't believe some of the stuff I read on this forum...smh

A serous question should be, how much credit do Wren and Neal deserve for the move to AAC or was it timing with the  conference shifts and location of the school with easy travel? Did the AAC come looking? 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, GreenFlag said:

Now on to the rant.

I agree 100%, this is by far the worst gameday experience I've seen in a long time. Wren and Neal failed miserably to the point where we have hardcore fans not even wanting to go to anymore home games this season. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

So here’s some things we don’t want to see anymore:

Concession workers or anyone around the stadium wearing anything from another college. The OU visor thing on the guy in the concession stand is about as awful as it gets. Don’t care if it was burnt orange, maroon, purple, gold, or black.  The apparel cannot have another school or it’s emblem on it.

Mow the grass and clean up around the stadium. Trashy outside makes you seem like you just don’t care—which is also how we all felt watching the product on the field. 

Look mad when we get our ass beat. Tell those BMDs that this is crap and we can’t afford to just sit around and waste away because you like the coach/AD and get perks. Explain to them how bad this all looks right now. And if they bolt, tell everyone why they bolted. Trust me, we can get products from somewhere else that they peddle.

IOW, stop being typical UNT.

Bingo! How do we have former UNT Alumni and athletes show up to a tailgate with no UNT apparel? 

Conversations were like this at the tailgate when I met new and old alumni..."Ya I just came for the free food and alcohol, I might go into the game".....pathetic 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Bingo! How do we have former UNT Alumni and athletes show up to a tailgate with no UNT apparel? 

Conversations were like this at the tailgate when I met new and old alumni..."Ya I just came for the free food and alcohol, I might go into the game".....pathetic 

My God, this is as bad as me hearing the couple behind me say that the best part about coming to a UNT game was the Green Brigade marching at halftime…

Vomit…

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I'd tell them to go sponge off of someone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

45 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

A serous question should be, how much credit do Wren and Neal deserve for the move to AAC or was it timing with the  conference shifts and location of the school with easy travel? Did the AAC come looking? 

Either way, UNT is going to a higher rated conference.  Neal and Wren could have said “no thanks”.

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 2

40 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Concession workers or anyone around the stadium wearing anything from another college. The OU visor thing on the guy in the concession stand is about as awful as it gets. Don’t care if it was burnt orange, maroon, purple, gold, or black.  The apparel cannot have another school or it’s emblem on it.

Mow the grass and clean up around the stadium. Trashy outside makes you seem like you just don’t care—which is also how we all felt watching the product on the field. 

Look mad when we get our ass beat. Tell those BMDs that this is crap and we can’t afford to just sit around and waste away because you like the coach/AD and get perks. Explain to them how bad this all looks right now. And if they bolt, tell everyone why they bolted. Trust me, we can get products from somewhere else that they peddle.

Old Denton!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Billy Clyde said:

Neal has been President long enough. His presence is to the point where it is an impediment to change and development.

Hey, HEY!, We're a university for everyone!!!!! You have a 1.4 HS gpa, cmon buddy. You make a 14/800 on your SAT/ACT, cmon buddy. You want rainbow streaks in your man pony tail, cmon buddy. You want to be an 80 pound overweight feminist wearing belly shirts, cmon buddy. You want to wear high heels and a wig and fake advertise yourself as a woman to men, cmon buddy. It's what we do. It's who we are. One love. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 10
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Hey, HEY!, We're a university for everyone!!!!! You have a 1.4 HS gpa, cmon buddy. You make a 14/800 on your SAT/ACT, cmon buddy. You want rainbow streaks in your man pony tail, cmon buddy. You want to be an 80 pound overweight feminist wearing belly shirts, cmon buddy. You want to wear high heels and a wig and fake advertise yourself as a woman to men, cmon buddy. It's what we do. It's who we are. One love. 

The guys who go hardest on this always have the absolute lamest jobs/careers. It’s what they do. It’s who they are. One love.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Church 

• Upvote 1