Letter from Wren. We can do better!

ipd054

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He took "paper" ownership and that's all he can actually do at this time. It does not mean everything will be corrected this week, but there should be measurable improvements for each event. Time will tell show if he is serious.

That is all he can do. And It’s the best he can do at this time. Short of driving to everyone’s house and communicating the plan in person, fully refunding everyone their $ or resigning.  

It doesn’t mean it will be corrected either. We won’t know until Saturday (actually we won’t know until the next 25k attendance game)

I’ve been as critical of WB as anyone but his letter wasn’t fluff. He specifically said what he’s going to do to address the issue. Not just “we’ll do better” I’ll give him credit at least for that.

He can’t go back in time and erase what happened so this is all he can do. For me (who has been critical) to want to pound on him even more at this point would mean 1. I have something personal against him (which I do not) or 2. I’m done with him and he needs to be fired (which he doesn’t)

He F’d up, he said he F’d up, he said he would fix it and he told us how he would fix it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

31 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I get #5 being an issue last year, but there's no excuse for how poorly it was stocked on Saturday. Hardly any kelly green apparel, low end Nike polos and hoodies, and tiny hat selection. I'm guessing Voertman's was awarded the contract late in the game and simply wasn't prepared to deliver. At this point, don't expect much improvement. Maybe they'll get their shit together next year...

I went to Voertman's earlier in the day on Saturday.  The selection there was poor as well.  That store is sad compared to what it used to be.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

I went to Voertman's earlier in the day on Saturday.  The selection there was poor as well.  That store is sad compared to what it used to be.

Well, Paul Voertman, RIP, had deep connections to UNT, perhaps someone could inform the current ownership about the benefits of supporting the UNT community.

• Upvote 3

Being that I had been mostly focused on my job, employees, and customers this week, I thought I was about to open a "I fired Littrell" email from Wren when I saw this in my inbox today. But I guess not...

Don't get me wrong, I'm also VERY excited about more paper towels in the HUB Club and the ability to move easier between the CL and the concourse.  The paper towels will be important to wipe my tears of disappointment from my seats I pay too much for, and the ability to get to the concourse so I can calm my Game Day stress/disappointment/disillusion/anger with more nachos is critical.

THANK YOU WREN! 💚

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I get #5 being an issue last year, but there's no excuse for how poorly it was stocked on Saturday. Hardly any kelly green apparel, low end Nike polos and hoodies, and tiny hat selection. I'm guessing Voertman's was awarded the contract late in the game and simply wasn't prepared to deliver. At this point, don't expect much improvement. Maybe they'll get their shit together next year...

You would be correct in that assumption. Voertmans did not have the inventory to fully stock all 3 stores in apogee. Tons of stuff on the way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

What the letter should have said was something like this:

“yeah we messed up on a lot of things. But on the bright side, we won’t have this issue again at all for the remainder of the season due to our on the field product and blowing yet another important game to keep fans involved.”

Then the next game they should call it pillow night and give everyone little unt pillows that they can use as they lay on the bleachers since there will be so much room for proper sprawling and reclining in the stands during the rest of the season. It’s what Jesus would do. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, untphd said:

Maybe the school should/could hire students to work game day . Someone who has some pride in there school. There are a lot of students who would love to make 15 to 20 dollars an hour on a Saturday. That is what the public pools in Denton pay high school students to work a few hours a day.

I have news for you: UNT does not pay their student workers that well.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2

On 9/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I’m a season ticket holder for both football and basketball and donate to the MGSF and I have yet to get this email. Checked all junk mail files too. Wouldn’t you think you would send it to everyone who attended last week? I am glad to see stuff being done but even small things like this can be annoying. 

Still hoping I get this email someday LOL j/k it don't matter now

EDIT; SO TURNS OUT I AM DUMB AND UNSUBSCRIBED TO EMAILS BY ACCIDENT. FIXING THAT NOW. I APOLOGIZE TO THE AD LOL

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

If we are paying contractors $15-$20 a game then we can pay our students the same. 

That is about what I was trying to say, thankyou. If you look around town, several places pay around 15 an hour including Target, Starbucks, Best Buy and  Walgreens. I think Austin set minimum at 15, soon to go up. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

EDIT; SO TURNS OUT I AM DUMB AND UNSUBSCRIBED TO EMAILS BY ACCIDENT. FIXING THAT NOW. I APOLOGIZE TO THE AD LOL

You can do better bstnsportsfan3!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 9:37 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

He not only addressed the issues and took ownership but he laid out what he is specifically going to do about it. 

well done. 

Never should have happened.

If anyone in their job had so many misfires on their biggest job of the year they would be fired. SO do we know who is in charge of the game day experience?

Why were the jobbers not told to be prepared for such a big crowd?

Why couldn't they have more materials delivered to the stadium during the first half when they knew they were running out of food etc?

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

5 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Looking forward to your thread soliciting a survey from us so we can skewer you, and you can reply with, "I heard you...", and then list off the "enhancements" you'll make to "improve the readers' experiences".
5n61.gif

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mo Green said:

Never should have happened.

If anyone in their job had so many misfires on their biggest job of the year they would be fired. SO do we know who is in charge of the game day experience?

Why were the jobbers not told to be prepared for such a big crowd?

Why couldn't they have more materials delivered to the stadium during the first half when they knew they were running out of food etc?

So in your mind the AD should’ve been fired?

• Oh Boy! 2

Well, the tow trucks were in line this morning like there was a sale at Starbucks this morning. The parking lot is being emptied out for what is expected to be a small crowd tonight. There are more parking lot Johnny on the Spots than last week. There is security and personnel in place, moreso than seen last week.

And I suspect every fan in the stadium will have a shot at a free t-shirt tonight, if they use as many as last week.

#BeatTSU

GMG

• Upvote 4