Texas Southern Preview

UNTLifer

* In the Seth Littrell era at North Texas, Texas Southern has amassed a record of 10-49.

* 0-1 this year losing to PVAMU by the score of 40-23

* So. Andrew Body is their starting QB.  He finished the PVAMU game 7 - 17 for 53 yards and 1 int.

* Jr. LaDarius Owen is their leading rusher.  He finished the PVAMU game with 17 rushes for 46 yards and 1 TD.

* PVAMU averaged 6.0 yards per rush on 65 rushes for 388 yards.

* PVAMU had 0 yards passing.

* DL Demontario Anderson led the TSU defense with 14 total tackles (1 TFL).

Time to forget about smuT and move on.  We need to hammer TSU and never let our foot off the gas.

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Time to forget about smuT and move on.  We need to hammer TSU and never let our foot off the gas.

Piling up points against a team like this is meaningless. IF we have a decent lead at the half (or sooner) we should get our backups in and get valuable experience for them so they can hopefully be ready if their numbers are called. If we do not go 3 deep across the board then we are in trouble

• Upvote 8
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

By looking at TSU's total yards, I would of thought that PV just ran and drained the clock but they just couldn't move the damn ball. 

image.png.6e88b23725452461b47f4877f83ce052.png

The more that I look at ESPN's box scores the less I feel like these are accurate. TSU only punted 6 times and went for it twice. Does that check out? Someone help me, my brain hurts lol

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

To make it seem better  -- I guess you could say we're facing the number 1 pass defense in football 😇

image.png.92f2bc34a9573bd30dfa401b3f3b0cf8.png

Don't give anybody any ideas. I can see the school flaunting this on Twitter if we have a "big" game against them. Vito's headlines will read "Mean Green's quarterback controversy settled after Aune torches the nation's number 1 pass defense."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

By looking at TSU's total yards, I would of thought that PV just ran and drained the clock but they just couldn't move the damn ball. 

image.png.6e88b23725452461b47f4877f83ce052.png

The more that I look at ESPN's box scores the less I feel like these are accurate. TSU only punted 6 times and went for it twice. Does that check out? Someone help me, my brain hurts lol

105 rushing plays will tend to speed up the game a bit. Not too many possessions to go around with the clock constantly running.

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

If Aune starts then he only needs to play a quarter (no more than 2 series). Gunnels second quarter and first series of the 2nd half. Then two others split the rest of their time. OL ones play1st half, mixed with twos during 3rd quarter and full on twos during the 4th.  What do you all think? 

I agree, although I would probably give Aune a couple more series. It’s not like that first team offense is hitting on all cylinders. 

1 minute ago, SilverEagle said:

I get the attraction the bands from HBCU schools because they are entertaining but they don't sound that great.  Guess I am spoiled.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 2

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I get the attraction the bands from HBCU schools because they are entertaining but they don't sound that great.  Guess I am spoiled.

Yeah, some have a better quality of sound than others.  It's all about the SHOW!

addendum: Having said that. The best High School band I ever heard was at a North Texas homecoming. It was the Waco Carver Band, and I had never heard a HS band that good. And at the time I heard them I had already gone to MANY UIL band contests and Band festivals. 

From wiki......

Carver was opened in 1956 on Dripping Springs Road as part of the La Vega Independent School District in 1956, although it would later become part of the Waco Independent School District. The initial enrollment was 500 in grades 1-12, but it quickly grew to 1,200 by 1962.[1] In 1967 the band, under direction of Robert E. Lee won the grand prize at the Montreal World's Fair.[2]

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1