Other American schools want us to renew Seth

Jonnyeagle

You clearly bleed green, so I'm not going to give you a hard time.  And I wouldn't mind sharing a beer if we ever meet, But you create discord, then amplify the attention by showing everyone how much you create discord.  And you relish it.  you screenshoot your own gmg.com posts that have downvotes, then share it on Twitter to show your audience how much you're disagreeable.  Maybe you're share this exchange on your next podcast appearance, or screenshoot my post into a new tweet of your own.   In a way,  it's like an echo-chamber that grows louder, highlighting all the noise you create.

At least, that's how I see this.  It's a chaotic approach to growing your social presence in this age of internet virility and influencers.  Create noise.  Don't actually do anything for people.  You don't even have to be truthful.  Just be louder than everyone else.

...this hit really close to home, in a funny way.  I have a Nancy Lieberman story in line with this, I'll share if we ever meet.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, greenminer said:

You clearly bleed green, so I'm not going to give you a hard time.  And I wouldn't mind sharing a beer if we ever meet, But you create discord, then amplify the attention by showing everyone how much you create discord.  And you relish it.  you screenshoot your own gmg.com posts that have downvotes, then share it on Twitter to show your audience how much you're disagreeable.  Maybe you're share this exchange on your next podcast appearance, or screenshoot my post into a new tweet of your own.   In a way,  it's like an echo-chamber that grows louder, highlighting all the noise you create.

At least, that's how I see this.  It's a chaotic approach to growing your social presence in this age of internet virility and influencers.  Create noise.  Don't actually do anything for people.  You don't even have to be truthful.  Just be louder than everyone else.

...this hit really close to home, in a funny way.  I have a Nancy Lieberman story in line with this, I'll share if we ever meet.

Most of the stuff he posts, he's not wrong about though. On this board alone, we see posts on posts about how leadership don't listen to the fans or take fans opinions into account. Well, it's always the loudest voices or vocal minority that get heard. If we want things to change, we have to stay vocal. Also, regarding the post you intentionally pasted to prove your point, he is 100% right. It is always the dumbest, most pointless argument that current and former players make. We can praise and talk them up all we want if they are doing well, but can't say anything bad if they aren't playing well? They enjoy certain perks some of us only dream of and now in the time of NIL, can make more money in college than a lot of people make in their lifetime. The result of that is that people will be critical if you aren't playing well and winning games. Can't have your cake and eat it too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

It’s a sarcastic joke, no need to take it that deep.

I had a few players tell me that and stuff, I’m obviously not being serious because I’m a very loud person in general.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1

Also to your point of echo chamber stuff, that’s how you get more people to notice you and grow not just your brand, but UNT. Our marketing team and promotional deals that UNT brings out usually sucks and doesn’t get the attention/recognition it should be because they aren’t good at it. No offense to those guys.

But I’m a die hard NT fan who will never stop bleeding green, my overall satisfaction of Twitter is that more people who aren’t fans, or others who are causal fans, know what is happening and learn more about the history and traditions UNT has.

Ive been blocked my numerous UNT fans, and of course other fan bases at an alarming rate, but I could care less what others say and think. As long as they know about me and what I do and say, which is a lot of people, I’m fine. Go ahead and block me if you want so you’ll never see my tweets again, but many others enjoy what I say and do.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Also to your point of echo chamber stuff, that’s how you get more people to notice you and grow not just your brand, but UNT. Our marketing team and promotional deals that UNT brings out usually sucks and doesn’t get the attention/recognition it should be because they aren’t good at it. No offense to those guys.

But I’m a die hard NT fan who will never stop bleeding green, my overall satisfaction of Twitter is that more people who aren’t fans, or others who are causal fans, know what is happening and learn more about the history and traditions UNT has.

Ive been blocked my numerous UNT fans, and of course other fan bases at an alarming rate, but I could care less what others say and think. As long as they know about me and what I do and say, which is a lot of people, I’m fine. Go ahead and block me if you want so you’ll never see my tweets again, but many others enjoy what I say and do.

My in game tweeting is so apocalyptic and depressing many people have blocked me, and even former players have called me insane.

Oh well. I'm a glass half empty kind of guy

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

My in game tweeting is so apocalyptic and depressing many people have blocked me, and even former players have called me insane.

Oh well. I'm a glass half empty kind of guy

Well last week I could’ve even tweet during the game!!🤣🤣

Oh well is exactly what I think.

Oh no!!!! You muted/blocked me on Twitter, my entire day is ruined!!! 

• Upvote 1