what do we know about Texas Southern

southsideguy

17 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

It shouldn't be that difficult of a game, line is at UNT -9.5 and ESPN gives UNT a 99.4% chance of winning.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401426549

Whomever asked SL 7 years ago in his press conference if he'd have us beating TSU in year 7 - props to ya!  I'm sure that was on everyone's mind then.

198643248_ScreenShot2022-09-05at10_49_55AM.png.992913597b9525bc081220c01eda4d00.png

The fact that we're only favored by 9 against a team we're paying a million bucks to play us is incredibly concerning, but also not surprising.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

The fact that we're only favored by 9 against a team we're paying a million bucks to play us is incredibly concerning, but also not surprising.

Didn't know we were paying them that much. Moving forward, I hope the AD stops buying wins and re-purposes that money to NIL. That $1 million yearly expense going to NIL would be a better boost IMO.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

14 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Didn't know we were paying them that much. Moving forward, I hope the AD stops buying wins and re-purposes that money to NIL. That $1 million yearly expense going to NIL would be a better boost IMO.

Not entirely sure it's that much. Just made up a number. Point being, if we're paying someone to come to town we should be 3 TD favorites at minimum

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

The University and NIL are to remain separate entities. Doing what you suggested would be NCAA violation. Not that it matters because are there really any violations anymore? This is sports anarchy right now so eff it, divert the funds to NIL. I say this in jest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pseudo Nym said:

It shouldn't be that difficult of a game, line is at UNT -9.5 and ESPN gives UNT a 99.4% chance of winning.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401426549

Whomever asked SL 7 years ago in his press conference if he'd have us beating TSU in year 7 - props to ya!  I'm sure that was on everyone's mind then.

198643248_ScreenShot2022-09-05at10_49_55AM.png.992913597b9525bc081220c01eda4d00.png

Not sure where you're seeing us as only 9.5 pt favorites. I can't find a line posted anywhere. 9.5 would be giving money away lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

The University and NIL are to remain separate entities. Doing what you suggested would be NCAA violation. Not that it matters because are there really any violations anymore? This is sports anarchy right now so eff it, divert the funds to NIL. I say this in jest.

There's always a workaround. Go back to scheduled body bag games at 1.5 million per game so the donnors don't need to shell out that much to supplement the university's funds and instead ask the big donnors to give what would have gone to the university, to the NIL. Not sure if what I'm trying to say makes sense to you.

22 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Not sure where you're seeing us as only 9.5 pt favorites. I can't find a line posted anywhere. 9.5 would be giving money away lol

This is what I found so far.

we are 34.5 point favorites on DraftKings it appears.

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/football-betting/college-football/texas-southern-at-north-texas-september-10-2022/1647716/

TSU_Spread.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Aune needs to work on his passing but I get what you mean. Aune needs to throw the ball at least 25 times

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/football-betting/college-football/texas-southern-at-north-texas-september-10-2022/1647716/

TSU_Spread.png

My spread was a little off 🤣 guess I saw the line from this past week and wasn't paying attention.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Aune needs to work on his passing but I get what you mean. Aune needs to throw the ball at least 25 times

I think his passing is just what it is.  It's not going to change at this point in his career, regardless of more practice or game reps.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

TSU_Spread.png

That sounds more accurate.  I’m not much if a gambling man, but I was going to get some of that NT-9 action.