We’re in somebody’s head

Cr1028

1 hour ago, UNTexas said:

We ended their undefeated season. That was funny. 

Respectfully, "we ended their undefeated season" despite never sniffing one ourselves and getting blown out by 40 at home two days ago isn't quite the flex you think it is. It's a new season. UTSA's football future looks more promising than ours right now. Sigh...

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

They've been a program for like 30 minutes. And already have a better season than we've had in 100 years.

I hate that UT junior college just as much as anyone but our leadership (again) puts schools like that in position to talk shit to us...we deserve it. Maybe we should...I don't know....have our own 11-0 start? Maybe once?

That should make you angry at our leadership for putting us in that position...

Wren Baker runs a program that has been passed by a school that most people don't know is any different that UT Pan America or UT Permian Basin or UT Tyler....

The AD at UT at San Antonio has a  better football program than Wren Baker does. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Respectfully, "we ended their undefeated season" despite never sniffing one ourselves and getting blown out by 40 at home two days ago isn't quite the flex you think it is. It's a new season. UTSA's football future looks more promising than ours right now. Sigh...

I assure you they are still pissed. That loss in 2013 made me hate them.

We are about to be 2-1. I don’t think it’s time to hit the panic button yet. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not hitting the panic button. I'm one of the few on this board who think we should let SL coach the rest of the season until we hit 7 losses. I just don't see how we can mock another program for ending their perfect season. At least they had one to ruin. 🤷‍♂️

Thank you.  The loss this weekend sucked and I’m embarrassed.  We very well may need a coaching change (though we need a very calculated effort regarding this replacement).  Wren has done shitton of good for NT.  I don’t mind people holding him accountable and demanding better, I wholeheartedly agree.  We may still win 7 or 8 games this year, we’ll see.  Do we need to be better as a team to be competitive in the AAC?  Absolutely.  Am I cool with other mediocrity? Nope.  But I think there’s a lot of emotional knee jerk going on right now too.  This isn’t quite what those early 21 losses were.  SMU is damn good.  I truly don’t think Seth is the long term guy but we need to take our time with getting this right and I wholeheartedly trust Wren to do it.  

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

They've been a program for like 30 minutes. And already have a better season than we've had in 100 years.

I hate that UT junior college just as much as anyone but our leadership (again) puts schools like that in position to talk shit to us...we deserve it. Maybe we should...I don't know....have our own 11-0 start? Maybe once?

That should make you angry at our leadership for putting us in that position...

Wren Baker runs a program that has been passed by a school that most people don't know is any different that UT Pan America or UT Permian Basin or UT Tyler....

The AD at UT at San Antonio has a  better football program than Wren Baker does. 

Pisses me off your post got an 🙄.  WTH? I think everyone he should very tired of our program being the but of jokes upstart programs, restart program (UAB) and team stepping up to FBS post 2002 surpassing us WHERE IT Counts W & L's, Bowl Wins, Conference Titles, drafted players and all-americans.  As much as cherish Mean Joe rolling that out year after year is admission that we haven't had another concensus All-american in 50 years.  Unless you are just a hater/fan of another school hanging out here I don't understand the eyeroll.

• Eye Roll 2

Programs like smut, UT, Tx Tech, UH, all have thousands of "mega-rich" alums that can buy out a coach's contract at the blink of an eye.  UT has many "mega donors".  smut has their share of many mega donors (I know of a few where I live).  Houston has Fertitta.  Tech has the West Texas oil men. When any of those programs needs an influx of big bucks to do whatever, they have people that write the checks and will donate at the drop of a hat.  Not to mention what a program like UT or A&M get from their respective conferences in the way of TV money.

UNT has some big money donors, but not in numbers like UT, etc.  Should the UT need to get rid of Sarkesian, couple of calls will do it.

We don't have that luxury.  At least I don't think we have that luxury.

Edited by DeepGreen

22 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Pisses me off your post got an 🙄.  WTH? I think everyone he should very tired of our program being the but of jokes upstart programs, restart program (UAB) and team stepping up to FBS post 2002 surpassing us WHERE IT Counts W & L's, Bowl Wins, Conference Titles, drafted players and all-americans.  As much as cherish Mean Joe rolling that out year after year is admission that we haven't had another concensus All-american in 50 years.  Unless you are just a hater/fan of another school hanging out here I don't understand the eyeroll.

Eye roll could be courtesy of the sisterhood of UTSA trolls on this board. 

• Eye Roll 2