UNT Football Question

DeepGreen

8 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

My friend did make fun of me. Until we started 4-0, beat Arkansas and got a few top 25 votes. Then he even went to the La Tech game with me. He was amazed at the atmosphere. Then we blew that game. 

And he hasn’t been back. 

I dreamed a dream once…..

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

My friend did make fun of me. Until we started 4-0, beat Arkansas and got a few top 25 votes. Then he even went to the La Tech game with me. He was amazed at the atmosphere. Then we blew that game. 

And he hasn’t been back. 

That was so defeating and you saw it coming. There was so much distraction and our coaches did not have the team focused. 

I had the same, I had talked several friends to come to that game and then as usual we laid an egg. I don't think any of them have been back to a game since some will stop by and tailgate but that is it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

That was so defeating and you saw it coming. There was so much distraction and our coaches did not have the team focused. 

I had the same, I had talked several friends to come to that game and then as usual we laid an egg. I don't think any of them have been back to a game since some will stop by and tailgate but that is it. 

We did not lay an egg that day. It was a great game with an even better atmosphere between two of the better CUSA teams that season. Anyone using that night as a reason to never come back didn’t want to be there in the first place. 

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

57 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

We led 21-0, or 21-7. It wasn’t because the team wasn’t prepared, it was the in game adjustments. That was the trend for our teams back then…start hot, then hold on for the win.  It should have never even been close. LaTech weathered the storm and beat us. Sucked that we lost, but it was a good game/atmosphere. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You know LATECH did that with less resources and facilities than NT.  We should have dominated CUSA but were in the middle of the pack.

I don't think SL even carries about the qb spot-he needs a qb coach who can work on mechanics and see the field better.   I think you need someone who has played the position.  We are not getting 5 star qb here and we have develop them.   SL doesn't let the backups play much to develop them for next year.   I know at this point he is trying to save his job.   

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

We led 21-0, or 21-7. It wasn’t because the team wasn’t prepared, it was the in game adjustments. That was the trend for our teams back then…start hot, then hold on for the win.  It should have never even been close. LaTech weathered the storm and beat us. Sucked that we lost, but it was a good game/atmosphere. 

We were up 21 - 6 at the end of the 1st qtr. but with 20 unanswered points by La Tech in the 2nd we were losing by the end of the half 21-26 amazingly bad to a conference mate at home? I did not say not prepared I said they were not focused and they made tons of mistakes after we got up. 3/4s of the game was hard to watch. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

We did not lay an egg that day. It was a great game with an even better atmosphere between two of the better CUSA teams that season. Anyone using that night as a reason to never come back didn’t want to be there in the first place. 

It was all down hill after the 1st quarter, that is laying an egg in my book, sorry and in front of a huge crowd no less. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

It was all down hill after the 1st quarter, that is laying an egg in my book, sorry and in front of a huge crowd no less. 

If that game was laying an egg then your book considers every loss an egg, which is insane. This past Saturday was an egg. Getting a game winning FG blocked in the final seconds is not. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

If that game was laying an egg then your book considers every loss an egg, which is insane. This past Saturday was an egg. Getting a game winning FG blocked in the final seconds is not. 

You should worry about your book not mine. I guess we have different views of this game. The giving up of 20 unanswered points in the 2nd bothered me. 

• Upvote 1