Scenario: You're the AD

Pseudo Nym

If you're the AD today, what do you do?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. President Smatresk calls you into his office and wants you to make a decision on the FB coach after reading the feedback from the students, fans, and alumni and he gives you three choices, which do you choose?

• Fire SL.
    • Re-Evaluate After Next Week.
    • Commit it keeping SL and staff until the end of the season.

5 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

First of all watch the name calling.

Second, that's like your opinion man.

Mine is a different school of thought, it is completely insane that Seth was not fired last year. And that SMU will be a conference mate next year. So we are heading in the wrong direction.  To me it is horribly naïve to say this is about one game; its about a body of work that is failing and yesterday should be everyone's last straw. 

Firing a coach after week 1 is incredibly dumb. There’s nothing to be gained from it. Littrell still deserves a shot at making this a winning season. Firing him now would just ensure the season ends in disaster. Once he hits 5 losses then feel free to start making coaching wish lists. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Firing a coach after week 1 is incredibly dumb. There’s nothing to be gained from it. Littrell still deserves a shot at making this a winning season. Firing him now would just ensure the season ends in disaster. Once he hits 5 losses then feel free to start making coaching wish lists. 

It is not his first week; its his 7th year. You can keep your "Dumb" comments to yourself. That is just your simple opinion. Littrell deserves nothing. You should talk him into giving up golf. 

Your statement about "Firing him now would just ensure the season ends in disaster" is just not true. Many times a team responds to a change  also this fanbase mostly done with him. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, KingDL1 said:

It not his first week; its his 7th year. You can keep your "Dumb" comments to yourself. That is just your simple opinion. Littrell deserves nothing. You should talk him into giving up golf. 

Your statement about "Firing him now would just ensure the season ends in disaster" is just not true. Many times a team responds to a change  also this fanbase mostly done with him. 

At least my opinion is logical and not emotional based. No one is getting fired after one loss. His previous seasons are why he has to win a lot this year. Losing ONE game doesn’t make that impossible. 

And I didn’t call anyone dumb. But that hasn’t stopped you from suspending me in the past…

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

At least my opinion is logical and not emotional based. No one is getting fired after one loss. His previous seasons are why he has to win a lot this year. Losing ONE game doesn’t make that impossible. 

And I didn’t call anyone dumb. But that hasn’t stopped you from suspending me in the past…

Yup and if I feel you are inferring it I will likely do it again. 

• Puking Eagle 1

25 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

But that hasn’t stopped you from suspending me in the past…

Surprised What Did You Do GIF

What you did to get suspended from a message board?? 🤣🤣

I saw your picture and remember you from when I was in school.... I remember you being a stand up cat and pretty funny.

Although I do think your take on this backwards.

3 hours ago, Pellom said:

Agreed. The fanbase should take solace in knowing a decision will be made once the season ends - you cannot allow a coach to work on a one year deal (going into 2023). 

The more I read and think on it, the more I’m convinced there will be a parting of ways regardless of the win/loss record. But we shall see. 

Wren made us endure Benford's last year of contract.  I don't trust him to not bring SL back next season too.  

• Upvote 1