2023 Head Coach Candidates

jtm0097

30 minutes ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

We do? I don’t. Id take him over any other option thats been previously named in a heartbeat. He’s significantly better than every other candidate listed and has had sustained success. If hes a dud then yeah it sucks big time but his upside is much higher than everyone else

Tons of concern about him and how he'd handle the NIL era.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

he's over 60, with a supposed net worth of 12 million.  I have zero insight into Gary's mind, but would totally understand anyone in that situation pursuing something easier.

You need to understand, guys like Gary who have worked their way up through the trenches and into the limelight and pinnacle of success just don’t do well fishing and watching football on TV.  They need the grind.  Dilfer the new coach at UAB has said as much and he has way more money than Gary does.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

You need to understand, guys like Gary who have worked their way up through the trenches and into the limelight and pinnacle of success just don’t do well fishing and watching football on TV.  They need the grind.  Dilfer the new coach at UAB has said as much and he has way more money than Gary does.

I get this mindset, but to cast this as some kind of universal/umbrella statement across every single coach is a big leap.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Eagle91Gator95 said:

Any legs to this 'report'?

Purdue and Stanford are the only P5 openings. Stanford finalists are Jason Garrett and the Sacramento State HC. I really doubt Jeff Traylor goes to Purdue.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:13 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

It’s been said he wants to focus more on his music.   If so, but he still has competitive juice, I can’t think of a better place than Denton & UNT.

Except maybe Austin, the Texas Music Capitol.  

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

Number 28 Eric Morris is the winner.

2022 Stats

WSU Offense-79

UNT Offense-20

We're moving forward here.

So, do you really think our schedule last season is comparable to Washington State's? USC, Utah, Oregon, Oregon State and UCLA might disagree. After so many said LIttrell could win 9 or more games no problem because our schedule was so easy?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

So, do you really think our schedule last season is comparable to Washington State's? USC, Utah, Oregon, Oregon State and UCLA might disagree. After so many said LIttrell could win 9 or more games no problem because our schedule was so easy?

Well let's look at the defenses that his offense was going against.

USC-102

Utah-19

Oregon- 75

Oregon St-32

UCLA- 88

Obviously the PAC 12 is going to be better than C-USA or AAC. All I'm saying is we hired an OC that had a mediocre P5 offense. I hope it is an upgrade and he elevates the team. I'm just giving you the numbers.