Lashlee and SMU disrespect us

Dannymacfan

7 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

This tweet was probably written by a 23 year old in charge of that account it wasn't even retweeted by coach Lashlee.

That said, it's fully deserved. We've been here before, time and time again over the last 7 years. Another blowout, another game where Seth has a chance to prove we can punch above our weight and we get demolished, outclassed, and outcoached.

You’re exactly right lol

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

This tweet was probably written by a 23 year old in charge of that account it wasn't even retweeted by coach Lashlee.

Exactly, even an older retired guy like me understands this. This was probably written by an intern. Every interview SMU's coach had about the UNT coaches and team this past week, were filled with nothing but respect and friendship towards Phil and Seth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

In your mind I'm sure you think yall are recruiting against Tech, TCU and Okie State. Meanwhile, yall will lose to UH, Menphis, UCF, the usual Then, of course, a typical egg lay vs a Tulsa/Navy/Tulane type. 

Check the roster.  The overwhelming majority of SMU players had multiple P5 offers or transferred from P5 programs.  There is very little head to head recruiting between SMU and North Texas.  Just a fact.

• Eye Roll 1

Let's say I have X amount to give to UNT. Do I give it to the NIL consortium or the MGSF?

It is going to be very hard to compete with SMU. They are on the bleeding edge or all things NIL and transfer portal. Using every single resource they can to give themselves the best competitive advantage. This was far more than just coaching. Our DBs were in position. Their QB is that good. Their WRs are that good.

Our horses do not match up with their horses, and now, more than ever before, it isn't all on the coach... It's on the engine that makes North Texas - North Texas. The Fans and their pocket books.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Check the roster.  The overwhelming majority of SMU players had multiple P5 offers or transferred from P5 programs.  There is very little head to head recruiting between SMU and North Texas.  Just a fact.

This is a fact, and until it is addressed there will be no parody. Coaching will not even matter. It will not be a level playing field. We can hope to keep up with the other teams in the AAC that are on our level, but SMU has used every available resource to hit the accelerator. This game could have been much, much worse. Mordecai and those receivers are better than half the P5 teams out there.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

Let's say I have X amount to give to UNT. Do I give it to the NIL consortium or the MGSF?

On 8/21/2022 at 12:01 AM, flyonthewall said:

so,  obviously.  we (my wife and i) are invested in the light the tower collective.  My advice is don't change what you donate to MGSF.  If you have any additional money that you can donate, consider splitting it between MGSF and the collective.  The big loser in this at all universities, not just us, in the short term are any attempts to improve facilities.  We have a fabulous football stadium, and decent arena for basketball compared to our future peers in the aac.  So we can put this off if we need to.

You have to eat an elephant one bite at a time.  Especially here.  We talk all the time about how the same cows are getting milked over and over again at North Texas.  This collective is starting with a great base, but we are going to find some new blood to take it to the next level. 

So... A.  don't change any commitments to MGSF  B.  If you can donate, give to the collective. Even if it is 100 a year for 3 years.......  C.  It is in good hands with successful people running the show.

Go Mean Green!!!!

NIL vs. MGSF: What is better ROI?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

🤔 you when our RB room is 100% healthy Siggers is a back up here.  I wonder were y'all got him from?   Congratulations you guys can buy projected P5 bench riders.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

🤔 you when our RB room is 100% healthy Siggers is a back up here.  I wonder were y'all got him from?   Congratulations you guys can buy projected P5 bench riders.  

Siggers is starting until we get our 5 star running back transfer from Bama up to speed.  Then our primary backup TJ McDaniel (offers from Clemson, Oregon, etc.) also is coming back from injury.

Nice try though!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Siggers is starting until we get our 5 star running back transfer from Bama up to speed.  Then our primary backup TJ McDaniel (offers from Clemson, Oregon, etc.) also is coming back from injury.

Nice try though!

Try?  😂 Okay your leading rusher from last year also btw.   And a key part of team successful enough to get most of the 2021 SMU coaching staff promoted to TCU your real rival.  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Siggers played well and you want him to ride the bench as your third stringer.

If that's how you feel do the right thing. Call him an Uber and send him back to us.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rcade said:

Siggers played well and you want him to ride the bench as your third stringer.

If that's how you feel do the right thing. Call him an Uber and send him back to us.

If it makes you feel any better we lost a FR AA in UBIV to Ole Miss, and he carried twice in his first game with them.  Might end up being nothing but a backup.  Double edged sword and all that. 

Good luck the rest of the way.  

7 hours ago, greengal said:

Didn’t he run up the score?

Did you watch the 4th quarter??? SMU was playing people that weren't even listed on their 2 deep roster. They completely took the air out of the ball, by running the play clock down to 2 seconds before handing it off. I can't believe some of you are dumb enough to attack their coach, like it or not, SMU could have made the final score much worse. I'm sure Phil and Seth appreciated it.

• Upvote 3