Lashlee and SMU disrespect us

Dannymacfan

On 9/4/2022 at 7:53 AM, Wag Tag said:

You earn respect! Yea 

But apparently you don’t have to earn job security and big raises as a Football coach at UNT.  That why we are getting “disrespected”.  The SMU fans near me were less obnoxious than previous years cause they saw we are no threat to them as long as our offensive guru head coach is at the helm.    Was it disrespectful when a Mean Green fan sarcastically cheered “run up the middle” predicting our next play when we were down 21 points?   There were a ton of give up conservative decisions throughout the second half starting with running Aune back out after that INT in the second half.  You have a QB you have very little trust in to sit in the pocket and make an on time, on target throw taking his 1000th rep like he is going to get better at being conservative.   The beating was so sad it wasn't that entertaining to SMU fans.

The disrespect was laid when Seth got his second raise and contract extension without winning a bowl game, conference title or ANY of the important home games with the highest attendance numbers.  Those mistakes cost the program money but SL got raises and extensions.  It is ticket and merchandise buying fans who are getting disrespected by our leadership here not SMU gently poking our program for being pathetic.  🙄

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 7

The NT fans got disrespected - I paid $12.5 for an opportunity to have good Hub Club seats and I’m feeling kinda ripped off - need some light at the end of the tunnel please ! I know we don’t have the budget SMU has but I am beating our budget is better than UTSA and they stood strong against a team that might beat SMU later this year - we dropped the biggest egg I’ve seen us drop other than the debacle here against Portland State - bonus wonder how many recruits drop out in the next 30 days ?  We will take it out on Southern next week but that’s a shallow victory after this azz whipping we took! 

• Upvote 4

It's doubtful that even 30% of the people where I work have even heard of SMU, much less what city it is located in (Highland Park?). They are Irrelevant here since SMU doesn't win National Titles in the modern era. 

So that Twitter post seems especially stupid and childish from my perspective. And I will never understand the bashing that goes on between universities in Texas (not just SMU doing it).  Trashing other universities just isn't done up here so much. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, GreenEggs&Ham™ said:

It's doubtful that even 30% of the people where I work have even heard of SMU, much less what city it is located in (Highland Park?). They are Irrelevant here since SMU doesn't win National Titles in the modern era. 

So that Twitter post seems especially stupid and childish from my perspective. And I will never understand the bashing that goes on between universities in Texas (not just SMU doing it).  Trashing other universities just isn't done up here so much. 

If SMU is irrelevant what is UNT?  

And this is extremely tame by Twitter standards.  

• Upvote 5

North Texas has name recognition up here as a school and admittedly that is because of the large size of the institution and not sports success. I would say both SMU and UNT are irrelevant on this new 2022 college football landscape for sure. Although I do hope SMU cracks the top 25 this week (doubtful you will). 

• Upvote 1