Here’s what happens if you fire Littrell during the season

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He won't say it aloud. His demeanor most certainly indicate he will communicate this to his coaching circle buddies. 

I am sorry my young padawan, but Coach Litrell has nothing to bad mouth this place about.  He has been given everything he needs to succeed.

1. Huge salary

2.  upgraded budget for assistant coaches

3.  Indoor practice facility

4. 17 +/- uniform and helmet combinations to choose from.....

I can go on, but change my mind...

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

I am sorry my young padawan, but Coach Litrell has nothing to bad mouth this place about.  He has been given everything he needs to succeed.

1. Huge salary

2.  upgraded budget for assistant coaches

3.  Indoor practice facility

4. 17 +/- uniform and helmet combinations to choose from.....

I can go on, but change my mind...

And you're right. But he will, if he hasn't already. It'll circle around bad fan support, lack of community support, minimal donors/fan interaction, etc. 80% of communication is non-verbal. His demeanor tells us a lot. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, rcade said:

It's not what anybody in the AAC does. The lowest salary in the AAC is $1.5 million.

Just because we're getting much less we paid for in Littrell doesn't mean we should go back to trying to win on the cheap.

I'm not at all advocating to have the buy cheap approach but at the end of the day it's all about making the right hires. I look at what Ark St. did for a number of years hiring guys that were great coaches and the right hire and they all excelled at ASU being in Jonesboro AR and went on to bigger and better jobs. It can be done but it seems that NT just can't ever seem to find that right FB hire.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And you're right. But he will, if he hasn't already. It'll circle around bad fan support, lack of community support, minimal donors/fan interaction, etc. 80% of communication is non-verbal. His demeanor tells us a lot. 

Absolutely.   And 80% of SL's communication (at least, the communication we fans see: pressers, coaches caravans, coach's show), tells me he simply does not have faith in what's he's doing.

Great guy, very friendly, very down-to-Earth.   Definitely a dude I'd love to have a beer with sometime.
And again, very knowledgeable about X's & O's.  That is obvious. 
He's even incorporating Briles' Veer-&-Shoot offense into his already-deep Air Raid bag, which is going to make him even more versatile.    Wherever he lands after leaving here (be-it a RBs coach or an OC), he's going to find success again.  And I hope it brings him joy again.  I wish him no ill-will.

It's just not working here anymore, and if you would have told me on December 8, 2018 (the day after his KSSt negotiations fell through), that we'd be saying this about him today, I'd have told you you're crazy and we're riding the Littrell Express to 9/10/11-win seasons as long as we're lucky enough to hang onto him... thinking by Fall of 2022 he'd already be gone to a lucky P5 somewhere.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's just not working here anymore, and if you would have told me on December 8, 2018 (the day after his KSSt negotiations fell through), that we'd be saying this about him today, I'd have told you you're crazy and we're riding the Littrell Express to 9/10/11-win seasons as long as we're lucky enough to hang onto him... thinking by Fall of 2022 he'd already be gone to a lucky P5 somewhere.

I just don’t take for granted he will be a good.  Mind you coaches who arrived in this conference after Seth did kicked his teams but on their way to conference championships, bowl games and better jobs. I saw an okay OC HC luck up and get a quality FBS QB with that elusive “it” factor most scouts ignored due to his height.  That QB arrive at the same we had 3 WR with NFL level talent, a RB that went to the NFL and we had QB\OC who knows quarterbacks and Air Raid offense like it he had been studying it since kindergarten.    It almost every game SL has won here his team has had a significant talent advantage.  Anytime talent is close and we didn’t have Fine to bail us out we lost.  And god forbid if the other team has a talent advantage they run over us like it an old school body bag revenue game of the early 2000s.  That is understandable  when it is Texas, Oklahoma ,  Alabama, or LSU but 100% unacceptable when it UAB, FAU, or SMU.  I mean really what can SL in 2023 put on his resume from his time here.  Qualified for Bowl with an Academic completion rate?  In 2018 his team took a step back finished in a 3-way tie for second place in our division.  2017 they at least earn an opportunity to a repeat of the curb stomping FAU gave us earlier that season.  I think cooler heads prevailed and looked beyond the unwarranted hype.  This ain’t Rice so what he accomplished he is the minimum I would expect for Mean Green team in a weak conference.

• Confused 1

On 9/6/2022 at 12:36 PM, UNTLifer said:

So you think we only beat UTEP and TX Southern out of our first eight games?

That's not what I predict, no, Texas Southern should be a win and in all likelihood UNLV should be as well. But UNLV has a stud WR and a decent enough QB, I could see us losing that game. I could also see our 7th year suckhole of a coach losing to a 1st year coach in Sonny Cumbie. Fully expecting losses against FAU, UAB & UTSA those games won't be close.

• Puking Eagle 1