Direct snap

Moobs

5 minutes ago, Moobs said:

For the life of me, I can’t comprehend this…

From what I remember, it was a 3rd and goal from the 2.

Team breaks the huddle and Aune lines up as a WR and it’s supposed to be a direct snap to the RB. 

SMUt calls a timeout after seeing the formation. During the timeout, they prepare for a direct snap or some kind of trick play. 

Every coach in the country would use that time to call a different play after having shown your hand already before the timeout.

What does SL do with the timeout?Evidently they stood around for a couple minutes talking about where the after party is tonight, because we come out in the same exact formation that SMUt is now prepared exactly for. 
Schitts Creek Wtf GIF by CBC

Now the snap was bad and we lost a bunch of yards. But I just don’t understand why you’d come out in the same formation. The element of surprise is long gone. Anyone have any insight? Or is this just SL being SL and enjoying torturing the shit out of us?

I thought the exact same thing. 

6 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I don’t think SMU’s preparation for that play is what led to the snap being bowled past the RB.  I guess we’ll never know if it was a good call or not in that situation. 

Bad snaps happen, and I get that. I have no issue with that. My issue is coming out in the same exact formation. That in and of itself was a bad call. It appears the play call wasn’t changed during the timeout. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

15 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I don’t think SMU’s preparation for that play is what led to the snap being bowled past the RB.  I guess we’ll never know if it was a good call or not in that situation. 

Whatever the play was, we know it had lower odds of success because SMU had an eternity to prepare for it.

• Upvote 3

So the original play call was likely Bloesch’s.  I don’t mind it.

Who knows what went down during the TO.  Maybe Littrell wanted to go a different direction but Bloesch talked him into sticking with it?   Maybe Bloesch called down a new play & Littrell said no?  
Either way, yeah, if SMU made any player personnel adjustments, you bring in the jumbo set & punch it in with Adaway (who ran great) behind Blair/Mose.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Green P1 said:

100%  

I hated myself for buying season tickets again as soon as this happened.  I went 2 years without doing this to myself. 

We did not renew after having season tickets for 2 decades. As we all walked toward the stadium my wife and I were questioning our decision. That we possibly made a big  mistake. I went to see where our seats had been, lower bowl 50 yard line and all the familiar faces from over the years were not there. They were gone. 
It was at that moment I realized how weird it would have been if we were sitting in our old seats while the others had been wise enough to not renew. I felt really sad but really relieved. 

Of course it wasn’t long into the game that I thanked the Lord I didn’t buy into the scam this year. Should have gotten out years ago once it was obvious Littrell was not a qualified Head Coach.  

I feel your pain. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, ttunt1970 said:

My grandson's center on his 8th grade team does a better job than our 4 year starter on the snap what a joke!

Has he been a 4 year starter at center?  I didn’t think so.  Maybe the 8th grade center has more experience at the position.  Speaking of which, is there an age restriction on UNT Athletics interns?

• Upvote 1