Norhteast Video Board

MCMLXXX

Run Stats were displayed listing Torrey. A list of tackles made included Novil and Murphy among others. Third down stats, and I can only assume they were for this game, miscalculated percentages for both teams. Did anyone else see this? I should have taken pictures but I was dumbfounded. 

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

4 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

Run Stats were displayed listing Torrey. A list of tackles made included Novil and Murphy among others. Third down stats, and I can only assume they were for this game, miscalculated percentages for both teams. Did anyone else see this? I should have taken pictures but I was dumbfounded. 

Came here to talk about this.  Couldn't take my eyes off of it once I saw it.  They were running it all night.  I tried to take a picture but it came out blurry.  Literally every screen was wrong.  Showed Aune having 7 tackles, so I just assumed that they were mixing up the numbers, but then they showed Torrey as our leading rusher over and over, and then Novil, and Murphy, and the wrong percentages, etc.  It was impressively bad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

I provided pictures to my ticket guy. I recommended shutting down the scoreboard if that is what they are going to show. He acknowledged it was a big diss to the players, as well as the fans. They showed the same stats for at least a quarter without any change to any of the players stats. 

With 10:27 left in the game, Kevin Wood lead the team with 8 tackles, though Brett Vito reported he would not play today. KD, Aune and Novil were tied with 7 tackles. KD actually DID have 7 tackles for the entire game. And my pictures were taken after I noticed this earlier in the game so I am not confident our scoreboard masters intended to be accurate on that one. Aune did not play defense. I missed the 7 tackles he had while on offense. Gaddie, the #2 that plays on defense, had 3 tackles per my stat source. Novil is not playing for NT this season, as I understand. Gabriel Murphy continues to make an impact with 6 tackles, though UCLA only credited him for 3 tackles.

I will leave it to Malonish to verify the $MU stats but the full game stats showed not one of the well paid got more than 8 tackles.

But GMG

IMG_8332.jpeg

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

7 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

More evidence that this school simply isn’t interested in running a serious athletic department. 

It's an amazing way for a small insular self protecting group of people to make a huge paycheck.  If you think about it, UNT might be one of the best places to collect these high 6+ digit checks year after year. No one expects to be held to the same winning expectation that other D1 university programs expect but we still cut some fairly fat checks.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

More evidence that this school simply isn’t interested in running a serious athletic department. 

other than overpaying for an AD, with little gumption to make the hard decisions. 

Last night was an embarrassment at all levels and no one at the university seems to give a damn.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On 9/4/2022 at 8:17 AM, untbowler said:

Last night was an embarrassment at all levels and no one at the university seems to give a damn.

Honestly, I am shocked at the silence coming out of the Athletic Department.

I kept glancing at the NE scoreboard to get other scores and never saw this or the other scores.  The main scoreboard was too busy showing the F'ing smuT Pony that I stop looking.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Honestly, I am shocked at the silence coming out of the Athletic Department.

I kept glancing at the NE scoreboard to get other scores and never saw this or the other scores.  The main scoreboard was too busy showing the F'ing smuT Pony that I stop looking.

I wish they’re put out a press release issuing a public apology to all UNT fans. But I’m not holding my breath waiting on that to happen.

• Upvote 4

Honest question:
Does Apogee get a run-through the day before or the morning of the game?   Just to make sure everything is working as it should?  I'm talking parking, concessions, etc... all of the things the fans complained about this weekend. 

You need to test these boards before gametime.   Throw some made-up stats on the boards (like a bunch of different stats/players), and when dudes names who are no-longer here pop up, you identify the problem & fix it then.

If I'm not mistaken, the parking folks are the same contracted security folks that roam inside the stadium as well.  If so, at least part of the Blue Lot fiasco falls on them.   But yeah, there should be some kind of software in place on the little handheld POS (point of sale, not the other "POS"!) computers they have that lets them know when the available pay spots are gone, and it's blue tags only the rest of the day.  That part falls on the AD.

And I'm pretty sure the concession stands are run by volunteer groups that receive some cut to help fund their organization.   If so, the AD needs to be very clear on the expectations on how they appear: 1. Represent your organization.  OR  2. Represent North Texas Athletics.  That's it.  We shouldn't see a dude wearing an OU cap in those stands.

Find a Merchandising person who can actually purchase desirable products, in proper amounts, to have available in your flagship team store.

I don't know how many times I've heard ref mic issues, popping noises, etc... with the sound system too.  These things should not be happening anymore.

I mean, I'm an IT guy, so these kinds of meticulous testing scenarios are requirements before going live with anything in the real world.  I don't know why it would be any different for immensely-important events that happen 6, maybe 7, times per year for this AD.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Honest question:
Does Apogee get a run-through the day before or the morning of the game?   Just to make sure everything is working as it should?  I'm talking parking, concessions, etc... all of the things the fans complained about this weekend. 

You need to test these boards before gametime.   Throw some made-up stats on the boards (like a bunch of different stats/players), and when dudes names who are no-longer here pop up, you identify the problem & fix it then.

If I'm not mistaken, the parking folks are the same contracted security folks that roam inside the stadium as well.  If so, at least part of the Blue Lot fiasco falls on them.   But yeah, there should be some kind of software in place on the little handheld POS (point of sale, not the other "POS"!) computers they have that lets them know when the available pay spots are gone, and it's blue tags only the rest of the day.  That part falls on the AD.

And I'm pretty sure the concession stands are run by volunteer groups that receive some cut to help fund their organization.   If so, the AD needs to be very clear on the expectations on how they appear: 1. Represent your organization.  OR  2. Represent North Texas Athletics.  That's it.  We shouldn't see a dude wearing an OU cap in those stands.

Find a Merchandising person who can actually purchase desirable products, in proper amounts, to have available in your flagship team store.

I don't know how many times I've heard ref mic issues, popping noises, etc... with the sound system too.  These things should not be happening anymore.

I mean, I'm an IT guy, so these kinds of meticulous testing scenarios are requirements before going live with anything in the real world.  I don't know why it would be any different for immensely-important events that happen 6, maybe 7, times per year for this AD.

The grass surrounding the blue lot was in the worst shape I've ever seen. Nothing like tailgating in shin high grass/weeds. It looked like it hadn't been mowed in 2-3 weeks. This falls directly on the AD.

• Upvote 3

Kudos to the stadium ops team for how accurate and useful the the NE Video Board was tonight!

At any point if I was confused which team we were playing I'd just glance at the waving flag banner graphic that was present almost the entire game.  No need for stats or replays when you're as good as the Mean Green.

Maybe we should just turn that board off for the FAU game in the name of eco-conservancy.

20220910_214636.thumb.jpg.0b786963fc67ad2bf4da3f1314e5adfc.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Kudos to the stadium ops team for how accurate and useful the the NE Video Board was tonight!

At any point if I was confused which team we were playing I'd just glance at the waving flag banner graphic that was present almost the entire game.  No need for stats or replays when you're as good as the Mean Green.

Maybe we should just turn that board off for the FAU game in the name of eco-conservancy.

20220910_214636.thumb.jpg.0b786963fc67ad2bf4da3f1314e5adfc.jpg

Don't worry. Only all 500 of us in attendance saw it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 9/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, MCMLXXX said:

I was very disappointed when Wren Baker addressed the failures of last weekend and did not mention this. Basically all he mentioned was parking. I had that feeling as soon as I read his email that this issue would be completely glanced over, and it was.

1/3 of our 2022 home games are done and that video board is still displaying 2021 stats. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I was very disappointed when Wren Baker addressed the failures of last weekend and did not mention this. Basically all he mentioned was parking. I had that feeling as soon as I read his email that this issue would be completely glanced over, and it was.

1/3 of our 2022 home games are done and that video board is still displaying 2021 stats. 

Parking, of the laundry list of issues, is by far the lowest hanging fruit. Of course he hit on that hard. Does the AD not have mock games several weeks leading into the home opener and then sporadic spot checks throughout the season each week? I mean, on a serious note, wth else do they have to do? It's, with little debate, the most important part of their in-season job(s). 

• Upvote 3