Jump to content

Two non-football observations


jazzer88
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, jazzer88 said:

We just got back from the game. If any of you wonder why Denton doesn't support this team, tonight should be the answer.

Nevertheless, here are two gripes:

1) We walked straight into the UNT merchandise store ready to buy, and all they had were some golf shirts, a few hoodies, and some t-shirts. My wife says, "they don't even have any women's wear." WTF? The selection was absolutely pitiful for a gameday store. It's not "supply chain" issues either, it was this bad last year. A stadium full of customers but no compelling merchandise? Only at UNT.

2) I had to wait for my wife, so I sat at Alumni Pavilion around 6pm. Not a soul there. Some folks walked up and said, "It looks like nobody uses it." After the game . . . completely dark. For the life of me, I don't know why UNT doesn't use this great facility. It's got a good outside seating area and is in a great location, but it's completely under utilized. Why not light it up after the game and invite folks to come on in and have a drink after the game? Maybe invite some alumni over? Nope. Once again, UNT doesn't exploit opportunities for a better fan experience. Sad.

The aluminum pavilion should have been added inside the stadium… it’s been a failure even after a few add ons. They could have easily added it in one corner and then a student pavilion in another. You cannot leave and re enter the stadium so the pavilion doesn’t serve much purpose sadly. 

  • Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, southsideguy said:

They had one person scanning tickets to get in the blue lot.

We were told the blue lot was full and to park in the red/yellow lot. Worked out okay since it was closer to kickoff and after sitting in all the traffic, we just wanted to get in the stadium in time to see the team take the field. 

Edited by Moobs
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jazzer88 said:

1) We walked straight into the UNT merchandise store ready to buy, and all they had were some golf shirts, a few hoodies, and some t-shirts. My wife says, "they don't even have any women's wear." WTF? The selection was absolutely pitiful for a gameday store. It's not "supply chain" issues either, it was this bad last year. A stadium full of customers but no compelling merchandise? Only at UNT.

 

Yeah, but did you see the truck bed taking up a huge chunk of the store?  I mean, it looks super-cool 🙄. And it adds absolutely nothing to the experience. They could use that space to add more merch. 
 

Also, not a single fitted hat on the shelves of the much reduced hat selection. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Overheard some people behind me say they pre paid for the blue lot, waited 30 minutes in line to it only to be told it was full.

This would not fly with me. We waited in the blue parking line for probably 30 minutes, but I would’ve been pissed had we gotten there and been turned away. We always pre-purchase our blue lot passes. Are they letting people purchase blue lot passes at the game upon arrival? I thought they stopped doing this at one point, but maybe not. That’s not really logical, especially for people who purchase parking ahead of time. I have my pass, so I shouldn’t be turned away. Unless they oversold this lot with people who bought in advance? Which I feel like has never happened. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hall Eagle 2011 said:

This would not fly with me. We waited in the blue parking line for probably 30 minutes, but I would’ve been pissed had we gotten there and been turned away. We always pre-purchase our blue lot passes. Are they letting people purchase blue lot passes at the game upon arrival? I thought they stopped doing this at one point, but maybe not. That’s not really logical, especially for people who purchase parking ahead of time. I have my pass, so I shouldn’t be turned away. Unless they oversold this lot with people who bought in advance? Which I feel like has never happened. 

Yes, they are.

 

Screenshot_20220903-142315_Chrome.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Talon90 said:

Yes, they are.

 

Screenshot_20220903-142315_Chrome.jpg

😩 This does NOT help with the flow of traffic, especially today. They should consider maxing out the amount of game day passes they’re allowing at the gate, in accordance with how many passes they sold online already if they’re going to keep doing this. I don’t know any other solution except to keep track of all the passes they’re selling, which should already be done. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Overheard some people behind me say they pre paid for the blue lot, waited 30 minutes in line to it only to be told it was full.

This was my experience.

Also, why wasn’t the corner end zone scoreboard/monitor showing stats or anything besides the team logos? That monitor seems to always have issues. In the past it either stopped updating the stats it showed, or was showing stats from previous games.

The worst part is, like nearly all of our gameday issues, if an issue exists then you can be damn sure it won’t be fixed throughout the game.

  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

We were told the blue lot was full and to park in the red/yellow lot. Worked out okay since it was closer to kickoff and after sitting in all the traffic, we just wanted to get in the stadium in time to see the team rake the field. 

We got there early for tailgating. So many cars already parked, but no crowd. I’m betting that the students aren’t moving their cars from the blue lot on game day like they have in the past. 
I thought it odd only one person was scanning parking passes as early as I got there. Really surprised friends that arrived at game time still only saw one person scanning them in and or turning them away from the blue lot.
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

533F1604-AD6E-4C25-A013-11FAB178BB04.gif.5a94a3902faaf31f94b405807440c98d.gif
 Should have been a sellout, but a CBSS telecast of the game probably kept that from happening. “In your hearts you know I’m right.” (Barry Goldwater, 1964)

In the 2’nd quarter I was walking under the stadium to let some steam off & prepare myself for what I feared was fixen’ to happen in this game & the scene I saw shocked me.  There was an army of people still standing in line outside the wrought iron gates to get inside Apogee well into the 2’nd quarter. 🤗Crap! What happened?  Did they think it was a 7:30 pm kick-off?🤔

After all were finally inside the stadium official attendance was announced as 25,306. (I know the usual group will say there were only 10K ). Still, the Wing Zone looked like we never want it to look like.
Yet after  reading GMG all last week you’d think we should have damn well forfeited the game.  We are a battered fan base, but our bruises are all internal. (Dr Phil! Where are you)?
▶️ At North Texas, we let any SMU game of any season dictate how we feel about sex in general, our family dog, quality (or lack thereof) of our hair cuts & the state of our country. Look how many today want to jump ship because a school who had 17 friggin’ P5 transfers kicked our ever’lovin’ arses with a brand new team even SMU fans had to have a roster list to identify their latest new heroes.  
SMU pulled on us what we pulled on them in 2018. We just don’t get enough of those & with NIL (an SMU fantasy come true)...will we ever?

❇️ Still Green (but disappointed in the results that I feared in my heart would happen).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.