Fire Seth! (2022 version)

TripleGrad

41 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Even the donors that are close to SL have got be thinking maybe he is not the right guy for the job.  I am sure they have run business and made hard decision on letting people go.   You think on Monday WB will get any phone calls saying I see you need a head coach, I am available.

Doubt it. They’re probably playing golf at Vaquero with Seth as we speak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm tired of the "talent" argument. I'd buy that argument if he was here a year or two, but he's been here long enough that the whole team is his guys.  One of the most important things a head coach is supposed to do at the college level is recruit.  Where's the pipeline, where's the development, where are the results? 

Don't blame the conference either, UTSA is right down the road and they can hang with any reasonable expectations.

• Upvote 3

Tuesday, I am sure he is taking Monday off for the holiday, he should man up and step aside.  But he won't he will continue to suck the blood out of the football program until his contract expires.  If they give him an extension that person should be fired.  We have long way to go to catch up to the with the AAC teams, just not SMUTville.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 11:52 AM, greenminer said:

If i'm Wren, I'm drafting a wish list of potential replacements.  And I think he has actually done this already.  He seems like a guy who plans ahead.

I would can SL as soon as they arrive back at the AC. Call him to your office and let him go.  I would also let Bennett go. 

I would move Cobbs to Interim HC with an opportunity to interview. 
Cut Bloesch lose as well. Move Mainord upstairs to make calls and have Shanbour work as the Asst. OC on the sidelines. 
Move Gush to DC and get a real DL coach. Passwaters can move right along with Pappa-in-law. 

This is an embarrassment and moves have to be made now to show the team we are serious about turning this around. SL looks clueless, sounds clueless and his team’s performance reflects this. Aune can move along, Gunnell looks injured so I would do everything to get Ruder comfortable and up and running. That kid has too much talent and athletic ability to not perform any better than he did. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

SL looks clueless, sounds clueless and his team’s performance reflects this.

The most astounding thing to me about all of this is the repetitiveness of it all.  On both micro and macro levels, he is repeatedly trying the same things over and over like he honestly thinks he will get different results.

Same QB.  Won't budge from him.  From whistle to whistle, no matter the score.  No matter the situation.
Same run between the tackles.  every (or almost nearly?) 4th down.  I think today we saw it on 3 consecutive plays? Then, he tried it on 4th down and acted surprised like it didn't work.
Same routines off the field: packaged responses.  Same lack of emotion in public.  Same copy-paste depth chart routines.

The one change he can hang his hat on happened last season, 6 games in when we clearly tried a new offensive system to highlight the running game.

It’s a matter of when, not if, at this point. 

Looking at the schedule, I would imagine he’s fired the Sunday after the UAB game. That would give the interim a bye week to try to salvage the last game. Would also give about a month before signing day to get a new staff in place. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Puking Eagle 1