Fire Seth! (2022 version)

TripleGrad

Just now, Hall Eagle 2011 said:

Naming replacement head coaches anywhere in this forum does nothing essentially. That’s not our job and do we really think OUR coaching recommendations would be considered when that time comes to replace SL? 

So basically you are saying the AD doesn’t give two 5hits about the fanbase?  Yet I had to sit 1 hour trying to get into the Blue Lot parking when I paid a premium?  F that man.   They are going to lose a ton of fans after todays fiasco.  Ignoring the fans is the last thing they need to do.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

So basically you are saying the AD doesn’t give two 5hits about the fanbase?  Yet I had to sit 1 hour trying to get into the Blue Lot parking when I paid a premium?  F that man.   They are going to lose a ton of fans after todays fiasco.  Ignoring the fans is the last thing they need to do.

I’d like to think they listen to their fan base when it comes to head coach recommendations/ideas, but I was simply stating that at the end of the day, who we want as a head coach wouldn’t be their top priority and they should already have their “hit list” of who they would want to target. Maybe I’m wrong. But I absolutely agree they need to listen to their fanbase. 

I share the same sentiments in the amount of time it took to get into the lot today - we experienced it too. 

Edited by Hall Eagle 2011
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hall Eagle 2011 said:

Naming replacement head coaches anywhere in this forum does nothing essentially. That’s not our job and do we really think OUR coaching recommendations would be considered when that time comes to replace SL? 

Why not, a lot of people here watch a bunch of college football and also watch FCS level and high school football. Even if you only watch FBS you can find a head coach or OC or DC that might fit the bill. I just think if we demand that SL is replaced, realistic options should be presented for that replacement. 

Or bitch all you want into the nothingness, lord knows I do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

And Rax was better roast beef sandwich chain than Arbys... But thats the past and Rax is out of business.  Shall we continue to talk about the past and things that don't matter today?

That's a bad analogy and you know it and it discredits our basketball program hire. It also discredits funding and facility upgrades that have happened under WB. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

That's a bad analogy and you know it and it discredits our basketball program hire. It also discredits funding and facility upgrades that have happened under WB. 

Revenue sports are important and football is the biggest. WB has failed to get it back on course

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

At this rate you might as well turn that beautiful IPF into a Spirit Halloween.  It would be more useful than whatever Seth and Wren have going on in there currently.

Big beautiful buildings don't make a good program.  We play in an AMAZING $70m stadium that most G5 programs would give their left nut to play in even 11 seasons into its use.  Didn't RV stand at the helm of the construction of that?  Since he was involved in our crown jewel stadium, maybe we should have kept him around? No? Then maybe the same applies to Wren and his IPF and misc Olympic Sport facilities that has been built during his tenure.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

I was thinking about the head coach job last night and I started to wonder who would want to be HC of schools like ours and many others who don't have the big NIL money to throw around.  You can coach like crazy but if you cant get the players you will be doomed in the new world of NIL.   Don't fire SL just have him scan tickets for the blue lot until his contract is up and bring in coach but I think it will be harder to get someone with the new NIL.  

How much money do you want to bet that SMUT approached Adway after the game?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

SL was not getting the talent in here that he needed before NIL after that K-State fiasco. I guarantee you that coaches he is recruiting against are telling recruits that you don't want to go to North Texas because their head coach doesn't want to be there and if he had the chance again he would jump ship. When he tried to go to K-State, that told all future recruits and his own team that he doesn't want to be here. Sure the current players may like him, but that's probably because they get to play college football at the FBS level when many of them are not good enough for this level. The other thing is potential recruits are probably being told he is on the hot seat and that he won't be around long. Both would be true. So, NIL money aside, he was losing recruiting battles for talent before NIL. When we are the only FBS offer for players who are only receiving FCS offers that says a lot.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

9 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Challenge: If you want to fire him, name a replacement head coach.

My nominee is bring Graham Harrell back as our head coach if we fire Seth. Would be an upgrade over OC at WVU...probably.

Gary Patterson is available. He’s only making $150k watching film for the shorthorns. Anyone at any successful program should be a viable candidate here. NT can find someone.

Retreads don’t traditionally don’t work out as well as fanbases hope, but we just want the hope of a successful future and an unknown to look forward too. Right now we all know how the hell this season will finish. How is this even ok?????

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 4

While I believe that we need to make a coaching change , during the season is not the time to do it. It seems ages ago that we pounded SMU in Denton and their coach quit after the game. Look at where the two programs are today. We are going different directions which will get worse when NIL gets in full swing. I don't know what the actual attendance was last night but our Athletic Department was about as  prepared as Pompeii was for lava. It's bad enough to get pounded at home but at least make attending the game a positive experience. In my opinion both issues are Baker's, and its time to review his performance at season's end as well.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, MNGR333N said:

Who is the guy with the plane and fire SL banner? I will contribute!!!

Classic banner flyers’ dilemma: put money into another banner for a game that likely has less than 16,000 people at it, invest the money into NIL via the guy who inspired the last banner or simply hold the money and not show up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, wardly said:

While I believe that we need to make a coaching change , during the season is not the time to do it. It seems ages ago that we pounded SMU in Denton and their coach quit after the game. Look at where the two programs are today. We are going different directions which will get worse when NIL gets in full swing. I don't know what the actual attendance was last night but our Athletic Department was about as  prepared as Pompeii was for lava. It's bad enough to get pounded at home but at least make attending the game a positive experience. In my opinion both issues are Baker's, and its time to review his performance at season's end as well.

Feel like Wren gets a pass on everything due to him hiring McCasland.  How long does he get to live off of that hire tho?  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Even the donors that are close to SL have got be thinking maybe he is not the right guy for the job.  I am sure they have run business and made hard decision on letting people go.   You think on Monday WB will get any phone calls saying I see you need a head coach, I am available.

Edited by southsideguy

9 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Fans come—fans go. The better ones won’t  let one game do it for them. That speaks more loudly than the SMU loss itself.  

OH NO!  AGAIN?
When Hayden Fry first took the Big 10 Iowa job he almost broke down when he started describing the Hawkeyes fan base who filled Kinnick Stadium “20” losing seasons in a row many times in snow & ice. . I said —20 losing seasons in a row.

🤬Hell yeah we’re all pissed today. I want to hit somebody!  We were majorly embarrassed last night. Losing is painful, but losing our dignity would be worse.   

AND……Didn’t Wren Baker hire & keep Grant McCasland?  He’s also trying to raise $40 million to get a facility most all in the AAC already have. $40 million? He told KingDL1 & I that firsthand at Tony’s  Big Balls Tailgate.  

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

SL was not getting the talent in here that he needed before NIL after that K-State fiasco. I guarantee you that coaches he is recruiting against are telling recruits that you don't want to go to North Texas because their head coach doesn't want to be there and if he had the chance again he would jump ship. When he tried to go to K-State, that told all future recruits and his own team that he doesn't want to be here. Sure the current players may like him, but that's probably because they get to play college football at the FBS level when many of them are not good enough for this level. The other thing is potential recruits are probably being told he is on the hot seat and that he won't be around long. Both would be true. So, NIL money aside, he was losing recruiting battles for talent before NIL. When we are the only FBS offer for players who are only receiving FCS offers that says a lot.

This is revisionist history. His best recruiting classes were after that. 

• Upvote 2