Fire Seth! (2022 version)

TripleGrad

1 minute ago, Pseudo Nym said:

We could probably skip to either:

What sense does it make to fire him now.......

OR

Let's see how this plays out.....

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

The way I see it:

Wren didn't have the fortitude to do it at the end of last season and doesn't have it in him to do it now.

you're wasting your breath, WB will not fire him during the season barring a scandal, he made that clear with how he handled Benford. Nothing will change so just sit back shut up and wear a cup. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, meangreen10 said:

There’s no reason to do before the season ends except to be able to  convince recruits and transfers to get here.

If WVU has a good offense year, could we manage to bring Harrell back to replace SL?

I would totally be up for bringing Graham back here but he has not been a head coach yet so we need to be careful.  I would prefer a head coach with experience.  

Look, tonight has zero bearing at all on SL being coach here next season and beyond. There are three games we cannot compete in based on the opponent’s talent—SMU, Memphis, and UAB. Probably add WKU and UTSA also. But they reality is that Texas Southern, UNLV, FAU, La Tech, FIU, and Rice are very, very winnable. And assuming SL makes it over that curb-level hurdle, he will definitely get an extension for another 3+ seasons, probably complete with Papa Lovelace pitching in some more AD donations since we kept his boy around. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 4

I don't know if you guys at the game saw this but SL ran off the field and into the tunnel when there was still time on the clock at half time.   I thought maybe was going to his car to leave. If he is here next year this type of game will happen a lot in AAC.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Look, tonight has zero bearing at all on SL being coach here next season and beyond. There are three games we cannot compete in based on the opponent’s talent—SMU, Memphis, and UAB. Probably add WKU and UTSA also. But they reality is that Texas Southern, UNLV, FAU, La Tech, FIU, and Rice are very, very winnable. And assuming SL makes it over that curb-level hurdle, he will definitely get an extension for another 3+ seasons, probably complete with Papa Lovelace pitching in some more AD donations since we kept his boy around. 

You  are the worst broken record. Just stop. Seven wins isn’t going to mean a three year extension. Might add a year to the contract, maybe. 

• Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

He should’ve been canned last year. This team lacks talent at key positions and he’s still struggling to find a QB. What’s the benefit of keeping him at this point? Fresh start would do a lot for this program. 

You gonna pay that buyout? And make up for losing a BMD that will be pissed if you fire his “son” before the end of the year? If so, I think you should contact Wren tomorrow.

• Downvote 5

38 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

If we're paying a head coach almost 2 million a year and with this schedule there are three teams we should not be competitive against then time to clean house

Edited by El Paso Eagle

1 minute ago, 97and03 said:

You  are the worst broken record. Just stop. Seven wins isn’t going to mean a three year extension. Might add a year to the contract, maybe. 

I don’t think so…and your biggest worry is that it will happen. You know this schedule is super easy. And you know a 7-win season does the trick. 

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You gonna pay that buyout? And make up for losing a BMD that will be pissed if you fire his “son” before the end of the year? If so, I think you should contact Wren tomorrow.

If the football program is important and you expect to compete in the AAC then the AD has to find a way. It’s all a bunch of excuses and air blown up everyone’s ass to prolong this crap. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

I don’t think so…and your biggest worry is that it will happen. You know this schedule is super easy. And you know a 7-win season does the trick. 

No. I literally disagree with most of what you say here. We CAN afford to fire Seth any time but it isn’t what Wren wants. And there is no way seven wins gets three more years for Seth. I think we will win seven but no way he gets extended that long. 
Put your money where your broken record mouth is. I donate $250 dollars to the MGSF if Seth gets a three-year extension with only seven wins. Or you give $100 if he doesn’t (I assume you can’t afford more given your posts). No bet if he wins more or less. 

agreed?

8 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

If the football program is important and you expect to compete in the AAC then the AD has to find a way. It’s all a bunch of excuses and air blown up everyone’s ass to prolong this crap. 

Bingo…

This is what we do here. Blow smoke. Always have, probably always will. We don’t care enough about winning at football to play the game at a level you and I want to see.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1