5 wins

emmitt01

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong, but this SMU squad wins 5 games (including this one) all year.  There is nothing special about this team that Littrell is getting curb stomped…again…by. 

Mordecai is pretty good. Camar Wheaton, their Alabama transfer didn’t even play much. They’ll win more than 5

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong, but this SMU squad wins 5 games (including this one) all year.  There is nothing special about this team that Littrell is getting curb stomped…again…by. 

SMU is loaded with NFL/USFL talent. Our best players can’t even make a practice squad roster. SMU collapsed at the end of last season after hearing the HC was leaving. 
They upgraded the coaching staff and reloaded with quality transfers. 
We brought in JuCo’s and some division 2 players. While promoting our offensive line coach to help our QB’s.

Whose team isn’t special???

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Hookset said:

SMU is loaded with NFL/USFL talent. Our best players can’t even make a practice squad roster. SMU collapsed at the end of last season after hearing the HC was leaving. 
We brought in JuCo’s and some division 2 players. While promoting our offensive line coach to help our QB’s.

Both.  The answer to your question is both.  

• Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Hookset said:

They literally started Tre Siggers, and KD was this close to starting a top tier P5, right?

I might die alone on this hill, but I choose to believe we have talent and we are just witnessing an incredible failure to put them in the right position to play well and win.

When players aren't coached up to maximize anticipation and positioning, they look slower/smaller.  This is what we are seeing.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

From what I saw last night, SMU could not only win more than 5 games but could end the year in the top 25.   They are loaded with play makers.  Their ends were beating us all over the field, their line was pass blocking and their quarterback could end up being drafted if he continues to throw like he did.

I saw nothing from UNT except hard running.  The passing was pathetic.  We were terrible when we got into the red zone.  Our deep defenders look bad.

I do not believe we saw enough of Gunnel to give a grade, good or bad.  As soon as he overthrew his first pass some of us were saying, “Well, he sucks too”. It is too early for us to tell.

Those are my feelings.  Let the beatings begin.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

What a difference a week makes. This must be your hatred of SMU speaking, because I believe you know enough football to recognize the talent that they have. The whole fourth quarter, they were playing second and third string and even walk on players. They totally milked the play clock down to 2 seconds before snapping the ball and were running the ball most of the time. They could have scored 60 or 70 if they wanted to. That SMU team, would beat UTEP by 60, unless their coach showed mercy... like he did to us last night.

Edited by dodgefan
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

They literally started Tre Siggers, and KD was this close to starting a top tier P5, right?

Siggers doesn’t play for us. KD is a great player for us and I am glad he stayed. He was going to be a depth/defensive package player at A&M or Ol’ Miss. 
He is an every down LB for us.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

9 hours ago, ntexeagle said:

From what I saw last night, SMU could not only win more than 5 games but could end the year in the top 25.   They are loaded with play makers.  Their ends were beating us all over the field, their line was pass blocking and their quarterback could end up being drafted if he continues to throw like he did.

I saw nothing from UNT except hard running.  The passing was pathetic.  We were terrible when we got into the red zone.  Our deep defenders look bad.

I do not believe we saw enough of Gunnel to give a grade, good or bad.  As soon as he overthrew his first pass some of us were saying, “Well, he sucks too”. It is too early for us to tell.

Those are my feelings.  Let the beatings begin.

I agree with your assessment of SMU. They look good.

I think Gunnels first pass was underthrown - miserably. It was probably the easiest pass he's made since he started playing peewee. His second pass may have been a compensation for underthrowing the first. Just throw the damn ball like you have been doing for a long time.

If our first and second string QBs lack the confidence in themselves to make the right throw (like Mordecai), WTF do we do to get the best QB here or what do we do to our QBs to wreck their confidence?

On 9/4/2022 at 5:20 PM, vpackrats said:

So when SMU exceeds this predicted win total  you'll truly pull a Stebo and eat a crow?  This will be sooo worth it.... 🤠🍻

If I live to 100 I’ll never forget the smell that wafted across the bar room when we pulled it out of the microwave.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Haha 7